Coconut oil is one of my favourite oils of all time and I’ve written quite a few articles about it over the years:-
- Coffee with Coconut Oil
- DIY Aloe Vera Juice and Coconut Oil Recipe for Dry Hair
- How to Use Onion Juice and Coconut Oil for Hair Regrowth
- Coconut Oil for Weight Loss. Here Are the Facts
- What Are the Differences Between Babassu Oil & Coconut Oil
- The 7 Best Organic Coconut Oils for Curly Hair
- Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
I also cook with coconut oil from time to time but did you know that there are so many other things you can do with coconut oil?
I’ll be covering other ways you can use extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO) besides on face and hair.
What Can Coconut Oil Be Used For?
1. Coconut Oil for Moisturized Skin
If you have dry skin, mixing coconut oil with your body butter will soothe your skin and help it stay hydrated throughout the day.
You can also mix other oils with your body butter. Read Moisturised and Defined Hairstyles with Shea Butter & Natural Oils.
2. Coconut Oil for Soothing Sun Burns
In case you forget your sunscreen and end up with painful burns, you can use coconut oil to ease the pain and facilitate healing.
3. Coconut Oil After Workout Meal
Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your smoothies after workouts for a great energy boost and better digestion. It also makes for smoothies with a better texture.
Related Content: Switch Your Smoothies Up With These Premium Natural Oils
4. Coconut Oil for Homemade Popcorn
Use 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut oil instead of butter to pop your kernels for a glorious healthy treat.
5. Coconut Oil for Oil Pulling
Use coconut oil when trying out oil pulling for better results. Read Improve Your Oral, Hair & Body Health with Oil Pulling Within 14 Days.
6. Extend the Shelf Life of Your Eggs With Coconut Oil
Brush coconut oil lightly against eggshells before storing in the fridge. It will eliminate exposure to air and prolong the shelf life of the eggs for at least 2 weeks.
7. Replace Butter With Coconut Oil in Baking
You can replace butter with coconut oil in pretty much all your baking recipes. It’s a much healthier option. You can also use it to grease pans and sheets prior to baking.
Related Content: 5 Natural Oils You Can Use for Baking Instead of Butter
8. Clean Your Beauty Tools With Coconut Oi
Ideally, you should cleanse your beauty tools such as your make up brushes and sponges every weekend and hair brush every two – three weeks.
Apply coconut oil as a disinfectant a few hours before cleansing.
If you’re not sure about which coconut oil to buy, read 7 Best Organic Coconut Oil Brands on the market.
You can also read the article about the differences between virgin coconut oil and extra virgin coconut oil HERE.
Whichever way you use it, you can’t really go wrong with coconut oil. It doesn’t contain any cholesterol and has three unique fatty acids – lauric acid, capic acid and caprylic acid, rare and extremely beneficial to the body.