Coconut oil has been on my favourite oil list for quite some time and is one of the best oils to use on hair. It helps stop protein loss from hair and has properties which mimic protein as well. You can read more about coconut oil in my earlier articles –
- Luscious, Lustrous Hair with Coconut Oil
- The Difference Between Virgin & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO)
- Is Coconut Oil Bad for Your Hair?
When I began my hair journey, I started out with the coconut oil in the hair products section of the supermarket but the experience turned out to be a bad one as the coconut oil I found usually had either mineral oil and/or liquid paraffin mixed in with them. These two components sit on the hair surface and keep moisture out of the hair. They also lead to build up over a long period of use.
As I conducted more research, I moved onto the better grade of coconut oils and having experimented with more than a few over the last few years, I’ve put together a list of the best seven organic coconut oils out there for hair. All of the recommendations below have 5 common properties between them:
- Consistent pearly white appearance.
- Odour is sweet and pleasant.
- No strange particles loitering around at the bottom.
- Free from chemical processing.
- Made from fresh coconuts.
BONUS COCONUT OIL
I haven’t had personal experience with this oil but I have heard and read really good things about it and I have it on my to try list for the future.
Have you tried any others apart from above, which you think is just as good? Let us know in the comments section.