This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
Calendula flower oil was discussed in a previous article – Eliminate Sore, Itchy and Inflamed Scalp Issues with Calendula Oil. This article will focus on how to make your own calendula flower oil and how to use it effectively.
There are two methods you can use to make your own calendula flower oil. You will need dried calendula petals (important as fresh petals can ruin the oil), extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), almond or sunflower oil and a clean glass jar.
How to Make Calendula Flower Oil – Method 1
- Put the dried calendula petals in the glass jar and fill the jar half way with your carrier oil of choice.
- Stir and cover up the jar.
- Steep the petals for up to 4 weeks in the jar.
- After 4 weeks, drain the oil and discard the petals.
- Store the oil in a glass jar. It can last up to a year if you keep the lid closed tightly between uses.
How to Make Calendula Flower Oil – Method 2
- Put the dried calendula petals in a blender and add in the carrier oil.
- Blend thoroughly then pour the mixture into a glass jar.
- Set aside in a warm place for 4 weeks.
- After 4 weeks, sieve the mixture and your oil is ready. You get more benefits out of the flower’s properties with this method.
Calendula Herbal Tea Rinse for Hair (Lightens Hair)
You will need a cup of boiling water, dried calendula petals and another cup of cool water.
- Add the dried petals to the boiling water and let steep until the water cools down to room temperature.
- Filter the mixture then combine the liquid with the cup of cool water. Your tea rinse is ready.
- To use, wash and condition your hair, then apply the rinse. Leave in and style your hair as usual.
- Tip: Make enough for one use and prepare a fresh batch every time you want to do a tea rinse. Once a week should suffice.
For more information about tea rinses for hair, have a look at Tea Rinsing Secrets for Healthy Hair Growth.
You can purchase dried calendula petals here or grow your own calendula flowers.
Did you enjoy the article? For regular updates on how to solve hair issues with oil, subscribe to the newsletter below and also grab some exclusive freebies! :).