I received an email a few days ago from a reader with a link to an article on Black Girl Long Hair – Can Diet, Hair Oils or Supplements Really Speed Up Hair Growth?
The reader wanted to know what my thoughts were given the subjects covered on this website include diet, oils, and supplements as a way to grow your hair to optimal length.
The article is 4 years old and was written by JC from The Natural Haven but it was reintroduced on their Facebook page a few days ago.
JC makes some valid points with references included, and I agree that nothing will make your hair develop super growth abilities including yeast cream and birth control.
In fact, adding these items to your hair regimen and overdoing it in the pursuit of length will lead to hair loss or a slow growth pattern.
It might look like its working for a time but there is no way to account for the long-term effects of using such aids.
I have used a healthy diet, hair oils and supplements to recover from some bad hair problems but this was done over time through careful experimenting and testing and never in too much of a hurry to produce results.
I have covered this in a lot of articles on the site and particularly in the following in-depth resources. This will answer some of the most common questions about natural oils for hair growth: –
- 5 Reasons Your Hair Loss Might Be Connected to Iron Deficiency
- 20 Plus Iron Rich Foods Guaranteed to Optimise Your Hair Growth
- Regrow Bald Spots with Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Grow Your Hair Long with Emu Oil
- Healthy Hair From Inside with Oil – Part 1
- Healthy Hair From Inside with Oil – Part 2
- Reverse Hair Thinning with Burdock Root Oil
- Address Dry Scalp & Dandruff Issues with Borage Oil
- Pumpkin Seed Oil for Hair Growth & Stronger Follicles
- Thicken Your Hair Strands with Castor Oil
- Recover from Hair Los, Regrow Bald Spots & Fill in Thin Areas
- How to Grow Hair Healthy and Long with Natural Oils
In conclusion, while diet, hair oils, and supplements won’t super accelerate your hair growth, what it will do is optimize your bodily functions internally and externally.
With internal and external functions optimized, you foster a better environment to grow longer and healthier hair, which you will be able to retain in the long run. Remember – always prioritize hair health over hair length!