This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
There’s really something about a man with a well-groomed beard that makes you sit up and notice him.
Most men usually don’t think they need to use hair products. A lot of men are fine with washing and drying but if you’ve ever seen a really well-groomed beard, a lot more than just washing and drying goes into it.
Some of the problems guys with beards face include dry hair, split ends, longing for thicker density, shedding and hair loss. Sounds similar to female hair problems? :).
Fortunately for men, they don’t have to do as much as us to get it looking right but they still need to make some effort. This is where beard oil comes in.
There are many great beard care products for grooming but beard oil works very well to smoothen out the skin, soften and moisturize the hair and keep bumps at bay. Beard oil also keeps skin flake-free and are particularly useful in dryer/hotter climates.
This article recommends the best beard oil for men as well as 2 DIY recipes for beard care and accompanying beard grooming products that work quite well together.
Men Beards 🙂
Before we go on to that though, let’s take a few moments to appreciate the very well-groomed beards below from some of our favorite celebrities.
Benefits of Beard Oil
- Beard oil is great for moisturizing facial hair as well as the skin underneath.
- Beard oil promotes a smooth and bright surface area.
- Scented beard oil keeps the face smelling fresh.
- An excellent beard oil prevents flaky hair
7 Top Recommended Beard Oils
Home Made Beard Oil Recipes
Interested in crafting your own beard oil blend or balm for your man? Here are a few ideas below:
DIY Beard Oil Recipe 1 – For Moisturized, Soft and Refreshed Skin
- 2 oz amber bottle
- 5 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 5 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil, apricot kernel oil or grape seed oil
- 5 – 10 drops of argan oil
- 5 – 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, peppermint essential oil or lemongrass essential oil
- 5 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil, lavender essential oil or rose hip essential oil
- Pour the jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and coconut oil into the dropper bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake.
- Open the bottle and add 5 – 10 drops of argan oil. Close and shake again.
- Open and add 5 – 10 drops of eucalyptus, peppermint or lemongrass essential oils. If you would like to include all 3, add 2 – 3 drops each essential oil instead.
- Close the bottle and shake. Your beard oil is ready.
- If you want a bit of fragrance, also add 5 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil, lavender essential oil or rose hip essential oil.
DIY Beard Oil Recipe 2 – Soothing Balm for Dryer Climates
- 4 oz shea butter
- 2 tablespoons each of jojoba oil and grape seed oil
- 5 – 10 drops of argan oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Soften the shea butter over a bowl of boiling water then whip a little with a fork
- Add the jojoba oil and grape seed oil and whip again.
- Add the argan oil, vitamin E oil, and essential oils.
- Whip until light and fluffy.
- Scrape into a tin container like this.
- Apply as needed.
You can also mix and match oils with above recipes but remember to keep it to light and easily absorbed oils. You don’t want your man walking around looking like he’s trying to cook his beard.
Beard Grooming Products and Gift Packs You May Like
- Honest Amish Leave-in Beard Balm
- Beard Grooming Gift Set
- Duck Butter Natural & Organic Beard Oil Boxed Gift Set
- QQwow Beard Kit Gift Set