I’m a big fan of taking care of one’s body. There’s nothing but plenty of upsides to it – great physique, improved moods, energy boost, protection against various diseases and better sleep patterns. What’s not to like here, right?
I know – gym, picking up heavy things, battling heavy equipment, out of breath…let’s face it. We wouldn’t mind a pill for exercise. One a day and all your fitness goals achieved. If wishes were horses…
There’s a reason a whole chapter in The Ultimate Hair Growth Guide is dedicated to exercise. If you’re keen on growing out your hair, and giving your hair growth goals an additional boost, exercise is one of the things you have to consider and here’s why:
5 Reasons to Add Exercise as Part of Your Hair Growth Regimen
- What’s going on inside your body reflects on the outside. If you’re not satisfied with the rate of your hair growth, and have issues related to breakage and thinning, yet you’re doing everything right with your regimen, then it’s time to look on the inside.
- Exercise is great for alleviating several conditions such as hormone imbalances and sleep disorders, which can cause hair loss.
- Exercise quickens blood flow to your scalp area, which enables your follicles to receive essential nutrients for longer and healthier hair growth.
- Daily exercise will keep your hair follicles in the growing stage longer than usual and in the resting stage shorter than usual.
- Exercise in combination with safe inversion methods can really boost your hair growth.
The good news is you don’t have to spend hours in the gym to achieve this. Any exercise that increases your heart rate for at least 20 minutes or longer a day is more than ideal. The following exercises come to mind – cardio, power walking, cycling, dance, aerobics, yoga.
If your body isn’t used to exercise, start small with daily walking and build up to the other exercises. Keep in mind, excessive exercise is counterproductive and could lead to hair loss so take it easy and listen to your body.
For more tips and additional things, you can do to combat hair loss and optimize your hair growth goals, check out The Ultimate Hair Growth Guide.