This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
Alternatively, there are many products that contain carrot oil in large enough doses for hair treatments. Several people have found ORS Carrot Oil Cream & Mane & Tail Carrot Oil Crème works well for them. There are other products containing carrot oil on the market as well. However, most have at least 1 ingredient from the 5 Things You Shouldn’t Put in Your Hair list. Always read through the ingredient list before making any purchases.
Carrot Oil Treatment Options
- Conditioning and Strengthening Treatment: Pour some carrot oil into a plastic bowl and place into a bigger bowl with boiling hot water. When carrot oil is hot enough, apply to the length of your hair focusing on the ends. Then layer on any creamy moisturizing conditioner you have on hand. When every strand is thoroughly coated, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on overnight. The next day shampoo and condition as usual and then say hello to soft and moisturized hair. With repeated treatments, expect your hair to grow stronger and split ends will be eventually eliminated.
- Hot Oil Treatment: Repeat the step above for heating the carrot oil but instead of applying to the length of the hair, apply directly to the scalp with light strokes. Massage thoroughly then cover your hair with a shower cap for up to an hour. You can also sit under a dryer for about 15 minutes. Follow up with your shampooing and conditioning steps.
The best complementary oils for carrot oil are rosehip, evening primrose, coconut and tamanu oils. If you usually like to add essential oils to everything, neroli and ylang ylang essential oils work well with carrot oil/products.
My Favourite Carrot Oil Products
- Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo
- The Rose Tree Carrot & Mango Cleansing Butter
- Yes to Carrots Rich Body Butter
If you’re interested in learning more about natural oils and how to use them for specific purposes to achieve optimal length and health, have a look at How to Grow Your Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils, a comprehensive guide about natural oils. Available in PDF, Kindle & paperback format. Subscribers get up to 30% off. Check it out HERE.