This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
If you’ve ever experimented with colouring your hair, you know one of the challenges ladies face is keeping the colour in for as long as possible in addition to retaining moisture ensuring the locks don’t dry out. This depends a lot on the hair products used subsequently. If you’re looking for better ways to lock your colour in, you should include hazelnut oil in your regimen.
Hazelnut Oil is strongly flavoured and has a nutty taste and smell, which reminds one of chocolate. Hazelnuts are rich in protein and unsaturated fat. They also contain a significant amount of thiamine, vitamins A, B6 & E. The kernel of the seed is edible and can be used raw, roasted or ground into a paste.
The hazelnuts are usually roasted before the oil is cold or expeller pressed from the nut. Hazelnuts are also used to make praline, chocolate truffles and the most awesome jar of goodness ever – Nutella! Some people use it in pesto instead of pine nuts or walnuts.
5 Benefits of Hazelnut Oil
- Hazelnut oil locks in hair colour for up to 3 times longer.
- Hazelnut oil acts as a heat protectant against the sun’s UV rays.
- Protein content of hazelnut oil helps strengthen weak and/or brittle hair.
- Lightweight, non-greasy and absorbs quickly making it an excellent sealing oil.
- Hazelnut oil adds volume to limp, fine or thin hair.
Hot Oil Treatment with Hazelnut Oil
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo that removes all other products from your hair. If your hair is already clean, you can skip this step and just wet your hair slightly.
- Mix the ingredients together and heat up.
- Apply to the length of your hair, smoothening in thoroughly. You can also apply it to your scalp. If you have a oily scalp, you can skip the scalp area.
- Pin your hair on top of your head, then heat up by – using a blowdryer for 20 mins or sitting under a steamer or hair dryer for 30 mins.
- Wash the oil out with a mild shampoo then condition and detangle.
- Rinse and style as usual.
Hazelnut Oil Hair Strengthening Serum
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly and store in a dark glass bottle.
- Apply a few drops every few days to palm, rub palms together and apply to the length of your hair like you would sealing oil.
- You can also apply a few drops to the length of your hair before blow-drying.
Keep hazelnut oil away from hot environments, and don’t expose to direct light. You can also add hazelnuts into your diet. The toasted/roasted variety is delicious.
Fast Fact: Turkey is responsible for approximately 75% of the world’s hazelnut production.
Did you enjoy the article? For regular updates on how to solve hair issues with oil, subscribe to the newsletter below and also grab some exclusive freebies! 🙂