This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
5 Facts About Natural Oils Everyone Should Know
- There are three types of natural oils – Fatty oils like castor that have large molecular weight and sit on the surface of the hair shaft without penetrating it. Semi fatty oils like almond and avocado, which are absorbed more easily and dry oils like grape seed and coconut, which are light and disappear into the hair shaft without leaving behind a residue.
- Only 3 oils have the ability to penetrate into the hair shaft and moisturize hair – olive oil, almond oil and coconut oil.
- Warming up oil before massaging it into your scalp fixes a great variety of scalp problems such as dandruff.
- No matter your hair type, there is at least one type of oil that is suitable for it.
- Most natural oils can be used to address many hair and skin care problems once you pin point exact problems.
Browse the archives to find out more about the different types of natural oils and how you can use them for your hair and beauty needs. Over 80 natural oils have been featured on this website with many more to follow.
If you would like to know more about how to use natural oils for specific purposes to get more effective use out of them for healthy hair care, you may want to check out How to Grow Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils, a guide which goes in-depth into which specific oil (s) works for each hair issues for optimal length and health.