These jasmine oil recipes for hair protect this scalp and acts as an emollient on its own and when mixed with other hair care products.
The jasmine flower is a shrub with abundant clusters of small, white, star-shaped petals. These flowers are native to Iran, India, and China.
The jasmine flower has a mesmerizing, long-lasting fragrance with soothing effects. The name Jasmine is derived from the Persian word ‘yasmin’.
Is Jasmine Oil Good for Your Hair?
Jasmine Oil Price
Interesting Facts About Jasmine Oil
In Pakistan, jasmine is their national flower while in India, the jasmine flower is regarded as a holy flower by the Hindus.
Benefits of Jasmine Oil for Hair
Jasmine oil contains benzaldehyde, benzoic acid, and benzyl benzoate, agents with antiseptic properties that can help address scalp problems like eczema, dryness, dandruff, and itchiness.
2. Acts as An Emollient
Jasmine oil acts as an emollient. When applied on hair, it provides a protective coating, which locks in moisture, makes the hair shiny and tames frizz.
Jasmine oil is a great option for use in the LCO/LOC method.
When I wear my hair in a high bun as a protective style, I smooth jasmine oil quickly through my hair before pulling it up into a bun.
The shine is gorgeous and of course, my hair smells like an awesome pacific island day.
3. Relaxes the Senses
Adding jasmine oil to your deep conditioner followed by a session under the hair steamer can provide a very relaxing effect on the senses and help reduce stress levels.
You can also get this effect by using a diffuser to spread the aroma around your home.
How to Use Jasmine Oil on Hair
Jasmine Oil Scalp Massage Oil Recipe
- Add coconut oil halfway up the squeeze cap bottle.
- Add the Calendula oil the rest of the way.
- Add the jasmine oil. Close and shake.
- Apply the massage oil to your scalp in sections, massage and leave on overnight then shampoo and deep condition the next morning. Add 5 drops of jasmine oil to the deep conditioner as well.
- You can also choose to massage into your scalp every few days and wash out on your next full regimen day.
Jasmine Oil Hair Styling Oil Recipe
- 5 drops of jasmine oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil
- 4 oz squeeze cap bottle
- Coconut oil or babassu oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Macadamia nut oil
- Pour the coconut oil or babassu oil halfway up the bottle.
- Pour equal parts of the grapeseed oil and macadamia nut oil the rest of the way up.
- Add the jasmine oil and vitamin E oil.
- Close the bottle and shake.
This styling oil is excellent for finishing off a style. You can apply a few drops to your hair before roller setting, doing a roller set or curlformers set.
Jasmine Oil for Hair Growth
Jasmine oil isn’t a suitable oil to address hair growth. It functions well as a sealing oil for taming frizz as well as relieving annoying scalp issues.
However, its primary strength isn’t helping with hair growth. For natural oils specifically targeted to hair growth, have a look at the hair loss archives.
A word of Caution About Jasmine Oil
Though it has potent anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, jasmine oil should be used in moderation as applying too much can lead to oily hair and scalp irritation.
The smell can also be a tad overpowering as I learned the first time I tried it. A few drops are all you need to get results.
Where to Buy Pure Jasmine Oil?
Interested in learning more about natural oils and how to use them for specific purposes to achieve optimal length and health?
Have a look at How to Grow Your Hair Healthy and Long with Natural Oils.
It’s a comprehensive guide about natural oils and available in Kindle and paperback format. Subscribers get up to 20% off. Check it out HERE.
Beauty Products with Jasmine Oil
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Jasmine Twist Layering Oil
- Marc Anthony Deep Repair Aloe Vera & Jasmine Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Alteya Organics Jasmine & Ylang-Ylang Lip Balm
- Alteya Organics Rose and Jasmine Facial Cleanser & Wash