Macadamia nut oil is one of my favorite oils for deep conditioning because of its moisturizing properties. This nutrient rich oil is derived from the macadamia nut, which grows in Australia.
The macadamia nut is a staple diet among Aborigines in Australia where it’s known as Kindal Kindal. It is also grown in Hawaii, California and Florida.
There are a wide variety of shampoos, conditioners and skin care products that contain nourishing macadamia nut oil.
8 Benefits of Macadamia Nut Oil for the Skin
1. Rich Source of Squalene
2. Macadamia Nut Oil Doesn’t Clog Pores
Macadamia nut oil falls between 2 – 3 on the comedogenic scale, which means it’s unlikely to clog pores and lead to breakouts.
3. Macadamia Nut Oil Heals & Hydrates Skin
Macadamia nut oil contains over 20% palmitoleic acid (omega-7), an essential fatty acid that hydrates the skin, promotes healing, and minimizes premature aging.
This is one of the properties that makes it highly desirable as a cosmetic oil.
4. Macadamia Nut Oil is Light & Non-greasy
Macadamia nut oil is light and non-greasy, which is what you want in an oil you apply to your face.
5. Macadamia Nut Oil is Moisturizing
It contains oleic acid (omega-9). This essential fatty acid is also responsible for its moisturizing properties.
6. Heart Health
It contains the perfect ratio of omega 3:6. When you add it to your diet, it promotes a healthy heart and efficient functioning of the immune system.
7. Antioxidant Properties
Its vitamin E content makes it a highly stable natural oil with a long shelf life of up to two years. Antioxidant vitamin E also protects skin from free radical damage.
8. Macadamia Nut Oil is Great for Shaving
How to Use Macadamia Nut Oil on the Skin
1. Use After Cleansing Skin
Apply a few drops of macadamia nut oil to your face and rub in after cleansing your skin. You can also use macadamia nut oil for the oil cleansing method.
2. Use as a Makeup Remover
Macadamia nut oil can be used to remove stubborn makeup before using a gentle cleanser.
Macadamia Nut Oil Body Oil Recipe
- Macadamia nut oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Grapeseed oil
- 10 drops of argan oil
- 5 – 10 drops of lavender essential oil or your favorite fragrant essential oil
- 8oz empty bottle like this one
- Open the bottle and add apricot kernel oil halfway up the bottle then grapeseed oil a quarter way up followed by macadamia nut oil for the rest of the way so 50%, 25%, 25% ratio.
- Add in the argan oil and lavender essential oil.
- Close the bottle and shake thoroughly.
- Apply on damp skin after showering. Use every day for excellent results.
Best Macadamia Nut Oil for the Skin
Genuine macadamia nut oil is readily available in most health food stores. Below are my favorite recommendations:
Macadamia Nut Oil Skin Care Products
- Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream
- Being Salted Caramel & Macadamia Body Lotion
- Aesop Women’s Rejuvenate Intensive Body Balm Tube
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.