Ok, this one is a delicate and sensitive topic so I’ll be using a lot of innuendos to refer to what I’m talking about. We spend a lot of time taking care of our hair and skin with natural oils but you never really pay attention to the hair in the pubic area. After all, it’s not like you walk around with it in a visible mode.
Perhaps you even shave it clean so why should it matter. However, it does matter a great deal. The pubic area hair can get quite itchy and uncomfortable and even if you shave it clean, it can still be dry to the touch and might have ingrown hairs or uncomfortable bumps. Additionally, prickly regrowth can be annoying as well.
5 Reasons You Need Oil for Your Pubic Area
- It will prevent ingrown hairs.
- Eliminate itchy pubic area.
- It will facilitate smoother regrowth.
- The regrown hair will be softer to the touch and feel silky preventing it from causing friction against your underwear.
- It will reduce the skin irritation experienced with shaving, waxing, etc.
The good news is there is an oil mix to rescue the pubic area for sure. This is a mix I made myself and have been testing for the last month. I love it and find it moistursing with a light pleasant scent.
DIY Softening & Moisturising Pubic Area Oil Recipe
- Add the coconut oil half way up the glass bottle.
- Add in 5 tablespoons each of watermelon oil and sea-buckthorn oil.
- Close and shake bottle.
- Reopen and add 5 drops of vitamin E oil. Close and shake again.
There are many moisturizing oils but I have found this combination to be the best for the pubic area. It should be fine for whatever texture of hair grows in your pubic area as well.
How to Use Pubic Area Oil
- After showering every evening, apply lightly to your pubic area while still damp.
- Two or three times a week, when showering in the morning, use a loofah to gently exfoliate the area then apply the oil afterwards. This is especially good for after shave days.
- Apply to your pubic area before you shave. NEVER dry shave and always shave in a downward motion. After shaving, wipe the area with a warm washcloth then reapply the oil.
A little of the oil is fine each time. Rub in until it’s absorbed. With continuous use of this mixture over 4 – 6 weeks, expect to see a turnaround in your pubic area hair, whether you maintain a full garden or a clean landing strip. Do not let the oil get into your coochie. Keep it around the general area only.
If you’re not kin of DIYing pubic area oil, there’s a great new brand on the market – Fur Oil for Pubic Hair. It’s an all natural oil consisting of grape seed oil, jojoba oil, clary sage oil, lemon peel oil, peppermint oil, bark oil, lemongrass oil, tea tree leaf oil & lavender clary sage oil. It’s a little bit on the pricey side but you need only a few drops at a time, which means it will last for quite some time. Find out more HERE.