Wheat germ oil was covered in Intense Dry Hair Treatment with Wheat Germ Oil. This article will look at how you can use the awesome benefits of wheat germ oil for your skin as well.
If you suffer from fading lackluster skin, premature aging, scarring, dry skin, puffiness, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, etc, wheat germ oil is one of the best oils to aid with fast skin recovery. Read on to find out why.
Wheat Germ Oil Benefits for the Skin
- Wheat germ oil contains the highest concentration of vitamin E among all the known natural oils. Why is this important? Vitamin E is a healing compound with amazing antioxidant benefits, which is beneficial for hydrating and moisturizing dry skin and keeping it soft.
- Wheat germ oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help repair the skin and help with skin irritation, dermatitis, inflamed skin, psoriasis, eczema and sunburns.
- The vitamin E contained in wheat germ oil is also excellent for treating scars and stretch marks.
- Wheat germ oil contains amino acids which boosts the production of collagen & elastin in the skin leading to youthful, supple and wrinkle free skin although you can get the maximum benefits of this when you include wheat germ oil in your diet as well. Read Switch Up Your Smoothies with these Premium Natural Oils.
- Wheat germ oil also contains other natural antioxidants like squalene and octacosonal. These anti oxidants contribute towards skin rejuvenation. Additionally, they have anti fungal and anti bacterial properties
Wheat Germ Oil Serum for Skin
- Squeeze about a 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel into a clean bowl.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil. Mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil. Mix again then add in the ylang ylang essential oil if using.
- Mix thoroughly and massage onto face and neck. Leave on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and apply a suitable vitamin C serum like TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face. Vitamin C helps wheat germ oil work even better.
As great as wheat germ oil is, it is unfortunately not suitable for all skin types. It’s a heavy oil so might become an issue in the long-term for acne prone skin types. You could try diluting it with lighter oils like avocado oil and jojoba oil. Alternatively, more appropriate oils for acne prone skin includes watermelon oil, coconut oil and tamanu oil.
Which Wheat Germ Oil Brands for Skin?