Oil rinsing has been popular for quite some time and has been known to alleviate several hair woes such as dry hair, frizzy hair and hair prone to tangling. Rather than literal oil rinsing, as the name suggests, it’s more of an extra step you include in your hair care routine. It’s a bit different from hot oil treatments or adding the oils to your conditioner. So what are the benefits of oil rinsing?
5 Reasons Oil Rinsing is Excellent for Hair Care
- Aids moisture retention in the hair.
- Softens the hair and smoothens cuticles.
- Reduces and eliminates tangles and knots.
- Makes detangling easier.
- Promotes luster in the hair
How to Try Oil Rinsing on Your Hair
- Rinse your hair thoroughly or shampoo lightly if you prefer.
- Coat your hair with your favourite oil and smoothen throughout the hair then rinse out with warm to hot water.
- Apply a rinse out conditioner like Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, Aussie Moist Conditioner, It’s A 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk Conditioner, and Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Conditioner.
- Wait a few minutes then rinse out with cold water.
- Apply a good leave in conditioner like Alaffia Beautiful Curls Leave-In Conditioner, Camille Rose Naturals Moisture Milk, Kinky Curly Knot Today Moisturizer and Mielle Organics White Peony Conditioner and watch the tangles melt away.
- Style as usual.
Incorporating oil rinsing into your regimen can lead to improved hair texture over time. The best oils I have used for this are Olive Oil & Coconut Oil. However, you are free to use any oil you feel like and experiment with different oils until you find the one that works for you. Over 80 natural hairs have been featured on this website already.
For more on oil rinsing and how to use different natural oils for your hair, you may be interested in How to Grow Your Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils.
For more articles like above, sign up to the newsletter below for updates, tips, discount codes, exclusive entries into giveaways and copies of my free e-books. Enter your details below to sign up. You can also Tweet your friends, family and colleagues about the site HERE . Thanks! 🙂