This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
I’ve been talking about Amazon prime for a while but I’m going to talk about the massive savings and benefits with Amazon Prime in this article just in the time for the Amazon Prime Day from July 10 – 11 (30 straight hours of deals)!
When Amazon Prime first came on the scene, I thought it was a bit excessive but as they’ve expanded the program significantly in the last few years, it has become quite a budget friendly option for Amazon aficionados and newbies alive.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon prime is a paid membership program from Amazon, which provides a wide range of benefits for a yearly fee of $99 or $10.99/month). If you buy hair, beauty, health and other kinds of products from Amazon, this is a great deal for you.
15 Benefits of Amazon Prime Membership
- Amazon prime offers a 30 day free trial during which you can cancel anytime.
- Amazon Prime offers free two day shipping on all products. Sometimes, you may even get one day shipping for some zip codes. If you’re in a hurry to get that hair product your forgot to order on time, this is where you want to shop at.
- The Prime Pantry offers a flat delivery fee of $5.99 to get all your household needs for the week or month up to 45 lbs per box! Compared to the store, that’s a huge cost savings in not just money but time as well. PJ heaven anyone?
- You can share your Amazon Prime membership shipping benefits with up to 4 people at no extra cost as long as they live in the same location as you.
- Amazon Prime provides unlimited cloud storage plan for photo files. This is a great way to back up those precious personal and family pictures in case your device checks out on you without warning.
- Amazon Prime includes unlimited video streaming of most movies and TV shows for members in US & Puerto Rico. You can also include subscriptions to several other streaming channels such as Showtime and Starz with Amazon Channels, which also includes a free trial. –
- Amazon Prime offers over 2 million, ad free music streaming, voice integration and personalized recommendations at no extra cost to you. The selection is also growing.
- You can get a jump on good deals with the lightning program. Product deals are offered to members up to 30 minutes before non-members.
- If you love reading, Prime Reading is where it’s at. Unlimited access to thousands of books, magazines, comics and other content. This is a leg up on the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library, which you can use only if you have a Kindle.
- Great news for students! They get 6 months free membership with limited benefits then full benefits after free membership expires. They also get 50% discount on membership fee as well as a $10 credit if they refer a fellow student.
- Did you know Amazon has an intelligent virtual assistant known as Alexa? It allows you to make purchases via voice. It’s also capable of music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audiobooks, and providing real-time information on weather, traffic and news. It can also control smart devices.
- With the Amazon Prime store card, you earn 5% cash back or 2% rewards on your spending.
- Amazon Outfit offers free feedback on your outfit for the day. The app prompts you to share a picture of yourself in two different outfits and you’ll get a response within a few minutes from an Amazon stylist.
- Exclusive access to Amazon Elements, Amazon’s line of products ranging from household products to beauty products. They also let you know where the product is from and what’s in it.
- If you’re into gaming, Twitch Prime provides free game content every month, exclusive discounts, pre-order games and much more.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day was launched in 2015 and is an annual deals day exclusively for Prime members. Amazon brings together hundreds of thousands of deals and special offers across beauty, health and fitness, fashion, household and much more.
It’s one of the best days of the year to stock up on all your favorites and get free shipping and much more while you’re at it. You must be an Amazon Prime member to get these fantastic deals though. More on this HERE.
Amazon Prime day is usually for 24 hours but in 2017, they’ve tagged on an extra 6 hours giving members 30 hours to find and purchase the deals they want.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2017?
Amazon Prime Day 2017 begins at 9pm ET on Monday 10 July and ends on at 11:59pm ET on Tuesday 11 July. When you sign up for Prime, you also get a free insider guide to get the most out of Prime Day and find special offers before Prime day.
Amazon Prime Cost
Amazon prime memberships costs $99/year or $10.99/month. The first 30 days is free and you can cancel anytime from your memberships and subscriptions page in your account.
Students get the first 6 months free with limited access then unlimited access subsequently at 50% discount annually.
You can also gift someone a Prime membership HERE.
How to Sign Up for Prime Membership
You need a free Amazon account to sign up for Prime. If you don’t already have an account, it takes only a few minutes to create one. You can sign up and subscribe for Amazon Prime HERE.
If you don’t order much from Amazon, this might not be the best membership for you but if you already spend less than $25 every time you order and order quite frequently, then Amazon Prime might be your best bet.