In this article, we’ll be taking a look at murumuru butter for curly hair, benefits of murumuru butter, murumuru butter benefits and where to buy authentic murumuru butter.
What is Murumuru Butter?
Murumuru butter is derived from the seeds of the murumuru palm tree, which grows in Brazil. The tree is an important source of food and materials locally.
This helps contribute to the economic growth of the region. Traditionally, the seeds from the murumuru palm were used to soften and protect hair.
Murumuru butter is used in creams, lotions and lip balms for hair and skin.
Benefits of Murumuru Butter for Hair
- Murumuru butter has highly moisturizing properties that can help lock in moisture and protect hair.
- Murumuru butter has a structure, which forms a film around hair similar to silicone except it is non comedogenic meaning it doesn’t clog the pores.
- Murumuru butter is rich in lauric, myristic and oleic acid, a composition similar to coconut oil – properties useful for penetrating the hair cuticle and fortifying the strands.
- The butter’s high vitamin A & C content helps hair restore and maintain elasticity.
How to Use Murumuru Butter
- Add equal parts of murumuru butter and tucuma butter, approx. 2 oz each, in a jar then soften over a bowl of hot water. If you like cupuacu butter, you can try adding that in as well or substituting tucuma butter with it.
- Once soft, whisk thoroughly with a fork until creamy.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of argan oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Whisk again and pour into a suitable jar.
Use as a body butter or sealing butter. You can also pour into this cute tin to keep in your bag and use as a lip balm or hand cream on the go.
Where to Buy Murumuru Butter?
Aim for raw and unrefined murumuru butter that was obtained via sustainable sources in Brazil. This virgin Murumuru butter is among the best.
Get murumuru butter with free shipping when you sign up, risk free, with Amazon Prime HERE.