Calendula flower oil is processed from the petals of the marigold plant by steam distillation. The Calendula plant is common throughout North America and Europe and has been used for cosmetic, culinary and medicinal purposes since the 14th century. It’s grown commonly in a lot of gardens.
Calendula flower oil is sticky and vicious with a musky smell similar to the flowers its derived from. Calendula flower oil can be used on the scalp to control inflammation, in creams and gels, tea, baths and much more.
What Are the Benefits of Calendula Flower Oil?
- The number 1 quality of calendula flower oil is its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help sooth itchy and inflamed skin.
- Calendula flower oil can help speed the healing process for cuts, burns, rashes and bruises while also protecting the wounds from infection.
- Calendula flower oil is a great moisturizer for skin and you can use it as an ingredient in your DIY body butter. Helps hydrate dry and chapped skin.
- The anti fungal properties in the oil can help with eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc.
- Calendula flower oil is excellent for use on babies as a diaper cream.
- Calendula flowers can be used for herbal tea which provides relief from menstrual cramps.
- The Calendula plant contains iodine, carotene and manganese, compounds which help promote skin cell regeneration. Drinking the tea may also help alleviate symptoms of acne.
- Calendula flower oil contains a high amount of carotenoids (vitamin A compounds), which can be converted to retinol and acts as a powerful antioxidant.
Where Can You Buy Calendula Flower Oil
You can buy Calendula flower oil at your local health store or on Amazon. The best & trusted brands includes:
How to Make Calendula Flower Oil
You can make Calendula oil at home with 2 simple methods, which I’ve outlined in How to Make Your Own Calendula Oil – 2 Methods. You can grow Calendula flowers at home or buy dried Calendula flowers to make the oil.
If you’re interested in learning more about natural oils and how to use them for specific purposes to achieve optimal length and health, have a look at How to Grow Your Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils, a comprehensive guide about natural oils. Available in PDF, Kindle & paperback format. Subscribers get up to 30% off. Check it out HERE.