Though it comes from different sources, the benefits are similar although the oils look and smell different.
Passion fruit is popular as a juice, can be included as an ingredient in snacks, desserts, and salads. While I’m not a big fan of passion fruit, which is grown throughout the world, the benefits of using maracuja oil externally are immense and highly beneficial for dry and damaged skin.
A study from the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition detailed the benefits of maracuja oil and its effect on the skin.
11 Benefits of Maracuja Oil for the Skin
- Maracuja oil is rich in vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant responsible for maintaining healthy vision, healthy skin and preventing free radical damage.
- Another compound maracuja oil is rich in is vitamin C, also beneficial for healing and hydrating the skin as well as brightening the skin.
- Maracuja oil is an excellent emollient oil and comes in at 1 – 2 on the comedogenic rating, which means it’s unlikely to clog pores.
- The essential fatty acids (omega-6) in maracuja oil helps soothe dry and damaged skin and restore moisture and youthful glow.
- Maracuja oil’s comedogenic rating of 1 – 2 means you can use it as a treatment oil for acne. Other related oils you can use for acne include emu oil and calendula oil.
- Maracuja oil helps stimulate collagen production, which plummets as the skin ages.
- Maracuja oil is considered a calming agent that aids better sleep. Another oil that can achieve the same effect is lavender essential oil.
- Maracuja oil is light and weightless and easily absorbed into the skin.
- As an anti-inflammatory, maracuja oil helps reduce skin inflammation and itchy acne.
- If you suffer from other skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea, maracuja oil can help alleviate the symptoms.
- Maracuja oil can help relax the muscles. Applying to the stomach can help reduce menstrual cramps. A similar oil that can be used for menstrual cramps is chaulmoogra oil.
How to Use Maracuja Oil on the Skin
Apply a few drops of maracuja oil topically to affected areas of your skin after cleansing. If you want to apply to larger areas of your body, consider diluting with a less expensive but equally beneficial natural oil for the skin.
Best Maracuja Oil Brands
Maracuja oil is a luxuriant and pricey oil but you only need a little bit so a small bottle should last up to 6 months.
Maracuja Oil Products You May Like
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Conditioner
- Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Masque
- Oribe Balm d’Or Heat Styling Shield
- Chi Styling BioSilk Hydrating Therapy Conditioner
- Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Super Serum
- tarte The Lip Sculptor Lipstick & Lip Gloss