This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
I have been using Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my edges for 7 months but I still can’s see results. Now, I’m mixing JBCO with amla oil, maybe I’ll see better results. Please help. Only my hairline and edges are damaged but my hair length is bra strap long – T.S.
Quite a few people make the mistake of assuming applying the JBCO on the edges will solve the problem but sometimes there are more issues at hand and questions to be answered before commencing on the treatment. Some of these questions include:
- What led to the damaged edges? Have you stopped doing whatever it was?
- If you weren’t involved in bad hair care practices, are you eating the right foods and staying hydrated?
- Have you eliminated the possibility of an underlying medical condition?
Since your hair is BSL, we know you definitely don’t have hair growth issues. At first glance, it’s something you’re doing in your regimen that might be causing the problem.
If you have also answered all of the above questions and everything is fine, then we need to look at the application method. Ideally, for best results and to see a turnaround within 3 – 6 months, below is what I would recommend:
- Eliminate amla oil. This isn’t specifically useful for recovering lost hairline and edges. Additionally, most alma oil on the market contain mineral oil and/or liquid paraffin. Bad combination!
- Mix the JBCO with some powerful essential oils such as rosemary, eucalyptus, peppermint and tea tree oils. You can also crush 1 or 2 biotin pills and add it to the mix as well.
- Apply every evening, massaging in a circular motion for up to 10 minutes using the inversion method. I know it’s annoying but it works. If you’re not sure how to use the inversion method, download a free resource HERE.
- Stick to this for at least 6 months before you begin to consider something else.
As always, this will only work if you eliminate harmful hair care practices. If you are relaxed, I recommend spacing out your relaxers a bit and when you do relax, stay away from the edge areas for the time being.
I also encourage you to check out the articles below for other oils you can try if you feel JBCO just isn’t bringing it home like you expect:
Above all, remember patience and consistency is key!