This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
Argan oil is produced from the green nut of the argan tree, which can be found in Morocco. Though only coming to the limelight in recent years, Argan has been popular in Morocco for centuries and is renowned for its nutritious and cosmetic properties.
The tree from which Argan oil kernels are found can survive for years in the dessert. However, it’s one of the rarest oils in the world. Argan oil is rich in natural antioxidants, essential fatty acids like omega 3 & omega 9, carotenoids, ferulic acid, sterols and polyphenols. It also contains a significantly high amount of vitamin E and squalene.
Argan oil is frequently referred to as liquid gold due to its perceived miraculous and regenerative effects on the skin and hair. While the oil has properties similar to jojoba oil, its effects are different. The best kind of argan oil is the 100% pure variety, which hasn’t undergone any processing.
5 Benefits of Argan Oil for Hair
- Argan oil can help hydrate hair and promote elasticity.
- It penetrates into the hair shaft to enhance elasticity which is a key sign of very healthy hair.
- It smoothens the hair cuticle, preventing flyaways and taming frizz.
- The presence of natural vitamin E in the oil is a great agent for promoting softness.
- Unsaturated fatty acids in the oil strengthen the protein bonding structures in hair thereby improving the elasticity of the hair and reducing split ends and breakage.
As you can see, the key advantage of argan oil is promoting elasticity in addition to it’s other benefits. When you pull a full strands or hair gently when it’s wet and it bounces back when you let it go; that’s a good sign of elasticity.
Interesting fact about Argan Oil: The species Argania once covered North Africa and is now endangered and under protection of UNESCO.
Did you enjoy the article? Share with your friends and colleagues by Tweeting it HERE. Thanks! :), and don’t forget to grab your freebies below!