This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
Outlined below are five recipes that are an effective way to get the best benefits for your hair with Argan oil.
5 Ways to Use Argan Oil on Your Hair
- Apply it from the roots to the tip of your hair and massage into the scalp thoroughly then cover with a shower cap and wrap with a hot towel for 30 – 45 mins or overnight if desired. A steamer can also be used. Afterwards, wash your hair and style as usual – moisture.
- Add a few drops of Argan oil on your brush and brush the hair gently but thoroughly with it – instant shine and lustre.
- Apply 3 or 4 drops to wet hair before styling – heat protection and frizz free hair.
- Mix it in with your favourite deep conditioner, apply generously to hair and sit under a steamer for 20 – 30 minutes – Intense moisturisation.
- If you colour your hair, this is a fantastic oil to get the moisture back into your hair. Method 1 above is especially good for coloured hair.
Which Argan Oil to Buy?
There are many brands of argan oil on the market and it’s easy to end up with the wrong brand – read 6 Ways to Spot Fake Argan Oil. The most recommended brands based on my research and experience are:
- Elm & Sana 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil
- Pura D’or Moroccan Argan Oil
- Eve Hansen 100% Pure Argan Oil
- Poppy Austin Pure Argan Oil
Fast Facts About Argan Oil:
- Argan Oil is best for medium to thick hair.
- Argan oil can also be used on the face as an anti-aging treatment.
- All Argan oil in the market today is produced by a women’s cooperative which provides health care and education to women – that’s what I call beauty for a cause!
Did you enjoy reading the article? For regular updates on how to solve hair issues with oil, subscribe to the newsletter below and also grab some exclusive freebies! 🙂