This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
Natural oils have been around since the dawn of man. They have been used in various capacities over the generations for hair, health, beauty and much more.
In recent times, as women have become more health and green living conscious, natural oils are beginning to get a lot more of the spotlight in hair care.
I became interested in natural oils after suffering from hair loss and trying to find a solution for regrowing my bald spots for a very long time. Until I discovered natural oils and the derma roller, nothing worked.
There are a lot of reasons why you should include natural oils in your hair, healthy and skin care regimen but the most compelling reasons are listed below: –
7 Benefits of Natural Oils for Hair
- Natural oils are beneficial to all hair types.
- They are especially beneficial for hair that’s been color treated, permed or chemically treated in any other way.
- Natural oils provide moisturizing properties to hair when used as part of a deep conditioning treatment.
- Natural oils make hair soft and manageable.
- Natural oils promote hair strength and growth.
- Natural oils protect the hair and scalp from the elements.
- When incorporated properly as part of a nourishing hair care regimen, they can help achieve hair goals.
As you can see, the benefits of oils on the hair are endless but each type of oil has its purpose and suitability for each issue you’re trying to address.
Most Popular Natural Oils in Hair Care
There are over 100 types of natural oils out there and if you go through the website articles, you will find articles on a lot of them.
If something isn’t on the site, it’s because I’m still testing or researching it. However, the most common types of oil in hair care includes:
- Coconut oil
- Argan oil
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Jojoba oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Hempseed oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Castor oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Vitamin E oil
If you’re new to natural oils, start from the Top Natural Oils section of the site and work your way through from there.
All recommendations on this site have been tested and/or thoroughly researched by me before uploading them to the website. Have a look at our SHOP for the Healthy Hair Care Series and how to get discounts on all our products.
Sign up to the newsletter below for notification of new articles, discount codes, giveaways and much more.