There are many reasons for inner ear itching but the most common include dirt, fungal infection, build-up of wax and water.
Whichever the reasons, we can all agree that inner ear itching can make one a bit crazy.
If you can’t get rid of your inner ear itching, try this nifty little recipe with only two ingredients and you should start experiencing relief within a few minutes.
DIY Recipe for Getting Rid of an Itchy Inner Ear
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil. You could probably try sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil as well
- 1 cotton bud
- Heat the extra virgin coconut oil over a cup of hot water
- Check to make sure it’s warm, not hot, then dip the cotton bud in the oil
- Insert into the itchy ear and gently roll around for a few minutes. Very gently.
- Repeat every evening for the next 3 – 5 days.
Always make sure you dry your ear properly after every shower as water can aggravate the itching. This should sort out your itchy ear.
If you have a nut allergy, do not insert coconut oil into your ears. Try grapeseed oil instead.
If the itchiness is followed by pain and other discomforting symptoms however, these could be signs of something more serious and you should speak to an ENT doctor.