Learn how to get rid of an itchy inner ear with this coconut oil trick that requires only 2 ingredients. It takes less than 10 minutes to put together and provides great relief from itching.
What Causes Itchy Inner Ear?
There are many reasons for inner ear itching but the most common include:-
- Fungal infection
- Build-up of wax
- Skin allergies
- Eczema or psoriasis
- Food allergies
Whatever the reasons, we can all agree that inner ear itching can make one a bit crazy. The first thing to remember though is do not stick your fingers in your ears to relieve the itching.
Doing this can aggravate the itching and make the issue worse. Do not stick hair clips or any other sharp object in your ears.
If you can’t get rid of your inner ear itching, try this nifty little recipe with only two ingredients and you should start experiencing relief within a few minutes.
DIY Recipe for Getting Rid of an Itchy Inner Ear
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil. You could probably try sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil as well
- 1 cotton bud
- Heat the extra virgin coconut oil over a cup of hot water
- Check to make sure it’s warm, not hot, then dip the cotton bud in the oil
- Insert into the itchy ear and gently roll around for a few minutes. Very gently.
- Repeat every evening for the next 3 – 5 days.
Always make sure you dry your ear properly after every shower as water can aggravate the itching. This should sort out your itchy ear.
If you have a nut allergy, do not insert coconut oil into your ears. Try grapeseed oil instead.
If the itchiness is followed by pain and other discomforting symptoms, these could be signs of something more serious and you should speak to an ENT doctor.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.