The previous article covered how to Fight Aging Skin with Kiwifruit Seed Oil. Kiwifruit seed oil has a huge variety of benefits.
These benefits make it suitable for the skin; top of the list is up to 62% essential fatty acids of alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
This EFA (essential fatty acid) packs a punch, which enhances absorption of products and provides emollient properties to hair.
In case you’re not familiar with the word, a product with great emollient properties softens and smoothens.
When these three things are achieved on the scalp, it enhances the absorption of nutrients into the scalp and an environment for healthier hair growth is created.
There have been various articles in the past covering coconut oil and its benefits on hair including the scalp.
Combining coconut oil with kiwifruit seed oil makes a potent elixir for eliminating various scalp issues related to dryness, dandruff and itching.
Kiwifruit Seed Oil & Coconut Oil Recipe for the Scalp
- Mix 5 tablespoons of kiwifruit seed oil with the same amount of coconut oil.
- Add in a few drops of peppermint or tea tree essential oil. Mix again.
- Part your hair and apply the mix to your scalp, row by row until your whole head is done.
- Massage your scalp vigorously for up to 5 minutes. You can use a scalp exfoliating brush if you want to.
- After massaging, cover your hair with a shower cap and wait half an hour then wash and condition your hair as usual.
- Do this once a week.
Take a picture before your scalp conditions before your start this regimen and keep progress pics over 6 months to see what a difference this will make.
You can also use this mix for general scalp treatments even if your scalp is healthy.
If you would like to know more about how to use natural oils for specific purposes to get more effective use out of them, you may want to check out How to Grow Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils, a guide which goes in-depth into which specific oil (s) works for each hair issues for optimal length and health.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.