It’s nice to wear out your hair but sometimes, you just want a change-up in style and this is where the versatility of head wraps comes into play especially in the new work from home era.
I’m going to share a simple tutorial video on how to tie head wraps in 10 different ways.
You’ll be spoilt for choice with the versatility of these head wrap styles.
Head wraps are a great way to dress up an updo, jazz up your accessories, make your face pop, or hide your hair on a bad hair day.
Additionally, head wraps work on every hair length and type – short, long, curly, straight, kinky, etc.
Head wraps can also help to cover up your hair while treating and recovering from any hair loss issues.
Head wraps also make a great protective style. If you’re hitching to relax your natural hair, take a break by switching over to head wraps for a while.
Head wraps can be very stylish and come in an endless range of colors, designs, and prints.
You could have a head wrap style for every week of the year and never wear the same one twice!
However, owning the head wraps and being able to wear them stylishly are two different things.
It can be challenging to get the exact look you’re going for on your own no matter how hard you try.
How to Tie Head Wraps
Fortunately, YouTube has made it easy to learn how to do this. There are many videos on YouTube on the art of head wraps.
However, this one recently uploaded by Naptural85 makes it easy and simple for even the most style-challenged.
This how to tie head wraps tutorial video has almost 200,000 views so you know she’s doing something right!
Best Tips for Wearing Head Wraps
- Use a wig cap to give the head wrap something solid to hold on to. It doesn’t have to be an expensive head wrap. Something simple like this will do.
- Combine the wig cap with a wig grip headband for even better results. For more on this, check out Best Wig Grip Headband. The wig grip headband will also prevent any incidence of the head wrap sliding off.
- Head wraps are usually available in a square or oblong shape. Whichever one you choose depends on the head wrap style. Buy both shapes for even more versatility.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your hair underneath the head wrap. Ignoring hair care can lead to breakage around the edges.
Head wraps for Natural Hair
Below are some very popular head wraps for natural hair. They are colorful, versatile, and brighten up any outfit:-
- Stretch Jersey Knit Hair Wrap
- African Head Wrap Extra Long
- Stretch Head Wrap Scarf
- African Head Wraps For Women
- African Fabric Headwraps
Pre Tied Head Wraps
Can’t be bothered to tie head wraps and want already pre-tied head wraps?
Check out this gorgeous collection of pre tied head wraps from independent artisans on Etsy.
Mommy & Me Head Wrap
By the way, check out these mommy and baby head wraps from Tamera Mowry’s Instagram. They both look incredibly adorable!
Related Content: Check Out More Hair Style Ideas Here