These chocolate coffee body scrub recipes are a perfect way to indulge yourself, relieve stress, and enjoy a spa treatment at home.
We have all been more than a little stressed since the beginning of the pandemic plus lockdown!
Why not spend a luxurious afternoon pampering the body and mind with an invigorating body scrub, followed by a decadent chocolate bath?
What’s more, do this at home on your own time and get a spa experience for pennies!
Usually, the relaxation and indulgence of a spa body scrub treatment, followed by a long soak in a hot bath, fragrant with chocolate comes with a hefty price tag.
However, you can eliminate the budget stress with these luxurious homemade spa treatments.
They’re easy to prepare, and the recipes can be adjusted and tweaked, so they smell and feel just right for you.
It’s best to prepare the ingredients for the scrub and the bath beforehand, so there’s no wait between the scrub and the chocolate bath. Ready?
Disconnect the phone. Light some candles. And get ready to feel pampered with these luxuriant homemade body scrub recipes.
What is Body Scrub?
A body scrub is a skincare product that exfoliates the skin and promotes healthier and glowing skin.
It’s the same concept as using a scrub on your face to eliminate breakouts and encourage smoother skin to emerge.
What Are the Benefits of Body Scrubs?
If you’ve never given yourself a nice body scrub experience and you’re wondering what the point of it is, check out the 7 benefits of body scrubs below:-
1. Exfoliates the Body
Body scrubs exfoliate, which means they remove rough, dry patches of skin and dead skin cells to reveal soft, supple skin underneath.
2. Unclogs Pores
Body scrubs unclog pores and stimulate blood flow to the skin, not to mention that they feel fabulous!
3. Improves Efficiency of Skin Care Products
A good body scrub preps your body to absorb oils and moisturizers better. You will note the change on your skin almost immediately.
Related Content: Download Beauty and Skin Care Freebies
4. Eliminates Stress
A body scrub session helps reduce stress significantly, if not eliminate it.
The products included in the session relaxes your muscles and senses, calms your mind, and rejuvenates your spirit.
5. Clears Your Senses
I find that when I’m suffering from a block or my creative juices aren’t operating at optimal speeds, a good body scrub session helps clear the senses.
To achieve this, you would need to mix certain types of products into the scrub to open up your aura.
6. Minimizes the Chance of Breakouts
While breakouts appear mostly on the face and neck, sometimes, you can get them on your back, arms, and stomach.
They are pesky, annoying, and unsightly. When you go through regular body scrub sessions, the chances of getting breakouts in those areas are greatly reduced.
7. Smoother Elbows and Knees
Remember these areas of the body are darker and rougher than the rest of the body because of friction and other activities.
Body scrubs will remove the excessive dryness in these areas and smoothen out the skin.
Best Chocolate Body Scrub Recipes
Bye Bye Cellulite Body Scrub Recipe
No scrub or cream will remove the “orange peel” appearance of cellulite, according to doctors at the Mayo Clinic.
However, caffeine works to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite by plumping the skin cells and tightening the blood vessels.
This helps create a smoother texture on the skin. This body scrub recipe uses fresh coffee grounds to supply caffeine.
But moistened instant coffee granules can also be used. It’s a messy mixture, so it’s best to use it in the tub or shower.
- 1/4 cup fresh coffee grounds (saved from the morning brew)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- Pour the honey and sweet almond, coconut, or grapeseed oil into a bowl like this one and place in a hot water bath. Stir until well blended.
- Remove from the hot water bath and set aside to cool.
- Mix in the coffee grounds then fold in the yogurt or buttermilk, a tablespoon at a time until the scrub is a perfect consistency. Add in the lavender essential oil and stir again.
How to Use
- Moisten the skin then scoop out a spoonful of coffee scrub and gently but firmly massage in a circular motion on areas affected by cellulite.
- Allow the scrub to sit on the skin for up to ten minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and moisturize (maybe with one of the many anti-cellulite creams that contain caffeine).
- After the scrub, dry off, put on a cozy bathrobe, and get ready for a bath infused with chocolate!
Dip-Yourself-In-Chocolate Bath Salts Recipe
Light a few fragrant candles around the tub, bring in a book or some magazines, and indulge in this amazing chocolate bath!
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1 – 1.5 tablespoons of organic dark cocoa powder like Valrhona Pure Cocoa Powder or Wild Foods Organic Cocoa Powder
- 0.5 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerine (this binds the ingredients together and moisturizes)
- 5 – 10 drops of geranium essential oil
- Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl like this one and stir with a spoon.
- Add more cocoa powder or carrier oil, if necessary.
- When you’re happy with the consistency, pour the bath salts into an airtight glass jar like this one.
How To Use
- Measure the bath salt into the tub under hot running water (the heat will disperse the scent of the chocolate in a very nice way).
- Mix the chocolate bath salts into the water until completely dissolved.
- When the water is at the desired temperature, soak and enjoy the delicious chocolate aroma!
- The oil in the bath salts will likely make the tub slippery, so be extremely careful not to slip and fall.
Chocolate and Coffee Body Scrub Tips
Using body scrubs can be a messy process, so it’s best to apply them in the tub or shower.
Homemade beauty treatments should be stored in the refrigerator to keep them fresh, as they contain no chemical preservatives.
FAQs About Using Body Scrubs
When to Use a Body Scrub?
You don’t have to wait until your skin is having a crisis to use a body scrub. You can make it a part of your weekly or biweekly beauty routine.
If your skin is having breakouts, dry, flaky, or itchy, you should try out body scrubs and bath treatments for a mitigating effect.
How Often Should You Use a Body Scrub?
You can use a creamy body scrub every day but a grainy body scrub should be used no more than 1 – 2 times a week.
If you’re new to body scrubs, conduct a patch test before applying the entire scrub to your body.
When You Shouldn’t Use a Body Scrub?
If you have a sunburn, broken skin, a rash, or other serious skin conditions, do not use a body scrub. It will exacerbate the problem.
Freshly shaved skin should also not come in touch with a body scrub for a few days.
Pin It for Later – Chocolate Coffee Body Scrub Recipes
Pin chocolate coffee body scrub recipes for yourself for later and follow me on Pinterest for more hair, health, fitness, and beauty tips, freebies, and resources.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.