Incorporate these easy 10 homemade scrubs into your beauty regimen for beautiful and glowing skin from the first try.
Facial exfoliation is a common practice but not many think about body exfoliation as well. Are you wondering why body exfoliation is necessary?
Exfoliating your body achieves the same results as exfoliating your face, making your skin look smoother and youthful.
In this article, we’ll cover the benefits of homemade scrubs, salt scrubs vs sugar scrubs, and 10 simple and effective homemade body scrubs.
10 Amazing Benefits of Homemade Body Scrubs
- A good homemade body scrub can make all the difference when it comes to dry, itchy, flaky and/or peeling skin.
- Homemade body scrubs exfoliate the skin and leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and vibrant.
- Over time, when combined with a great after scrub moisturizer, your skin will start to glow.
- A good commercial body scrub can cost as much as $40 and even higher, which is a bit crazy if you’re living on a budget. Enter the world of homemade body scrubs.
- Homemade body scrubs are natural, last longer and are cost-effective with just a few ingredients. You can try many variations before settling on the one you love the most.
- If you suffer from acne on your neck and back, a homemade scrub can make a big difference.
- With a homemade body scrub, you can also remove the dead cells under your feet while bathing giving yourself a mini pedicure.
- Your skin care products will penetrate and work better after you’ve used a body scrub.
- Adding essential oils into the body scrub can also relax your senses and help you de-stress after a tiring day.
- With exfoliated and smoother skin, it will be easier and less annoying to remove hair from your hands and legs.
Getting the initial homemade body scrub toolkit together will be a bit expensive but you can use this kit to create several large jars of body scrubs that will last a while.
If you end up having too many jars, you can also give some away as a holiday gift or for a different ocassion.
How Do You Make a Homemade Body Scrub
You can make a homemade body scrub with just a few ingredients – natural oils, essential oils, herbs, and spices.
Some of the most popular ingredients used in homemade body scrubs include:-
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Coconut oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Pumpkin Spice
- Brown sugar
- Cane sugar
- Sea salt
The recipes shared below contain some of my favorite oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, and sweet almond oil.
What Essential Oils Are Good for Homemade Body Scrubs?
A good homemade scrub should always contain essential oils. You can use essential oils to achieve different results in your homemade scrub.
In 6 Best Oils for a Body Massage At Home, I shared the best essential oils to use for a body massage.
These essential oils can be added to your homemade body scrub as well.
Sugar Scrub vs Salt Scrub: Which is Better?
The difference between a sugar scrub and a salt scrub are the granules. Sugar granules are smaller than salt granules so they’re less abrasive.
If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to use sugar scrubs while a salt scrub is best for other types of skin.
Using fine salt instead of coarse salt to create your body scrub ensures it’s not quite as abrasive on the skin.
Got any favourite homemade sugar or salt scrub recipes? Share in the comments section. 🙂