Amazon Prime Day 2018 is almost upon us again. It feels like just yesterday we were grabbing all those awesome deals at budget prices.
If you’ve been storing some things in your Amazon basket and waiting for a good deal, Amazon Prime Day 2018 is when you want to order everything at once.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is Amazon’s day and a half of deals every year created exclusively for Prime members.
Thousands of impressive deals and special offers are announced across all departments of Amazon for Prime members only.
2018 marks the fourth year of the Amazon Prime Day. When it was launched in 2015, it was an event to celebrate Amazon 20th Anniversary but it was so successful, it became an annual event.
This year is set for 36 hours of deals across all departments including Amazon’s new departments – Whole Foods and Amazon Fresh.
What Can You Do With Amazon Prime?
There are many benefits to being a Prime member. Some of them include:-
- Free 2 day shipping
- Free same day delivery in certain area codes
- Prime Now membership where you can get 2-hour delivery on thousands of items
- Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes
- Watch your favorite shows and movies from HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ channels without cable at premium prices
- Unlimited music streaming via Prime Music
- Exclusive discounts on games and new releases via Twitch Prime
- 3 months of unlimited reading for only $0.99 with Kindle Unlimited.
For a comprehensive list of Amazon Prime benefits, have a look at this resource page.
So how do you get in on this while the getting’s good? Join Amazon Prime before Prime Day or on Prime Day.
Sign up for Amazon Prime Day HERE. If you’re a new member, you’ll also receive a 30-day free trial.
How Much is Amazon Prime Membership?
When is Amazon Prime Day 2018?
Amazon Prime Day 2018 starts on Monday, July 16, at 3 p.m. EST and ends on Wednesday, July 18, at 3 a.m. EST.
However, a cross-section of pre-Prime Day deals is announced every day until kick off day.
Alexa-only Prime Day Deals
Alexa is Amazon’s virtual assistant kinda like Siri on the iPhone. It is built into devices like Amazon Echo.
Alexa can help you prep for Prime Day 2018 by bringing the deals to you, tracking your package and notifying you when your package is on the way or at your door.
How to Save More on Amazon Prime Day
- The thousands of deals are only for Prime members so the first thing you want to do if you’re not a member already is sign up. New members get 30 days free HERE. There are also additional bonuses for new members in addition to the Prime Day Deals.
- New student members get 50% off membership and 6 months free trial.
- If you didn’t know already, Amazon now owns Whole Foods. Prime members get 10% cash back at Whole Foods.
- You can start adding items to your shopping basket as early as today. You’ll receive alerts as soon as they’re on sale. Better, if you have Alexa, she’ll let you know.
- There are crazy daily deals for a short period known as lightning deals. Click on Today’s Deals in your nav bar to see what’s on offer for the day but be quick about it. They disappear fast.
- If you live in certain areas of the US, you can get your items NOW in addition to $10 off your order.
- Sometimes, other online stores like Walmart have their own special deals on the same day as Amazon Prime Day so check them out as well.
- Set a reminder on your phone for Prime Day if you don’t have Alexa so you don’t forget about it.
- You can grab many accessories for your electronic devices for less than $10 with free shipping.
- Unlimited music without any ads. Over ten million songs available is also included in Prime membership.
- Shop Amazon Devices with up to $30 off.
Are you excited and ready to get in on all these days today, start with signing up for Prime Membership to unlock benefits and so much more!
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.