This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
Vitamin E oil is one of the best types of oil to use for skin care. The benefits of vitamin E oil has being lauded by skin care experts, and it is an active ingredient in many skin care products.
Vitamin E oil helps neutralise the effects of free radicals and promote healing and faster regeneration of cells. It also acts as a moisturiser and cleansing agent. Furthermore, it’s suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
While a very powerful antioxidant, vitamin E oil can be a bit tricky when it comes to application on skin. It’s heavy and thick, which may be problematic for skin prone to breakouts. However, the benefits for skin can’t be denied and it should be part of everyone’s skin care arsenal.
Related Content: Nourish, Soften and Enhance Your Hair with Vitamin E Oil
7 Best Ways to Use Vitamin E Oil on Skin
- Mix it with castor oil for a DIY treatment for calluses and corns. Read 2 Homemade Recipes to Treat Calluses & Corns with Castor Oil & Vitamin E Oil.
- Vitamin E oil can be applied to thin lashes and eye brows to improve their appearance over time. Read Grow Thick Luscious Eyebrows & Eyelashes Naturally with this Castor Oil, Vitamin E & Aloe Vera Serum.
- Vitamin E oil can help strengthen brittle and splitting nails. Read How to Strengthen Brittle & Splitting Nails Naturally with Vitamin E Oil.
- Mix vitamin E oil in with your body butter recipe for seriously moisturized skin. It treats dry skin, chapped skin, stretch marks, scars and burn marks. Find your favorite body butter recipe at the natural butters section of the site.
- The body butter above can also be stored in a portable container like this one and used as a treatment for chapped lips.
- Stop anti-aging dead in its tracks with a simple serum using vitamin C and vitamin E oil. Vitamin C is a fantastic complementary ingredient for vitamin E oil. Read Vitamin C Benefits for Skin & Health for a nifty recipe. This recipe also treats dark circles under the eyes and refines the appearance of acne scars and hyper-pigmentation.
- While vitamin E oil can be taken as a dietary supplement, you can easily get this in your diet through a wide variety of food items such as almonds, tomatoes, spinach, sweet potatoes, wheat germ oil, hazelnut oil, sunflower oil, pine nuts, salmon, snails, crayfish, avocados, sunflower seeds, butternut squash, palm oil, Swiss chard, lobster, cod, olive oil and so many other foods. See more foods high in vitamin E HERE. Supplements are only prescribed when your body is somehow unable to absorb it through food.
Best Vitamin E Oil & Where to Buy Vitamin E Oil
To get the most benefits of vitamin E oil, go for the brand with at least 70, 000 IU. IU is an abbreviation for international unit, which measures the vitamin E activity in the oil. It’s the purest form and extremely concentrated.
The best brands of vitamin E oil and my favorites are Sundown Naturals Vitamin E Oil and Puritan’s Pride Vitamin E Oil. They’re natural and gluten and wheat free. Thought it comes in a 2.5 fl oz bottle, it’s so thick, it takes some time to finish the bottle. I go through less than 3 bottles every year and I use it in everything hair and skin care related.
Some people prefer to buy soft gel capsules and cut them open to extract the oil. Solgar Vitamin E Softgels appears to be a favorite. Each soft gel contains vitamin E oil with an IU of 1000.
Do you use vitamin E oil in your daily/weekly skin care regimen?