Illipe nut butter is an excellent butter for moisturizing hair. It promotes elasticity and makes hair more pliable after a few uses.
This article will be covering the benefits of illipe nut butter for hair, the best ways to use it on hair, and the best illipe nut butter brands and products.
What is Illipe Nut Butter?
Illipe butter comes from the nuts of the Illipe tree which grows in Malaysia and Indonesia and is an excellent butter for hair.
The nuts are processed by drying them out in the sum then pressed to extract the pale yellow, solid fat.
Illipe butter contains oleic, palmitic, stearic, and linoleic acid.
Illipe butter is used widely in the production of health and beauty products.
Illipe butter is also used as a substitute for cocoa butter sometimes. They both have a hard consistency.
What Are the Benefits of Illipe Nut Butter?
- Due to its high melting point, illipe butter is one of the best ingredients to use for products such as lip balms, solid soaps, deodorants, body butter, lotions, and other beauty products.
- Illipe butter is highly moisturizing and has emollient properties which make it ideal for dry skin.
- Illipe butter is nourishing and promotes elasticity and vitality for the skin.
- Illipe butter also benefits the hair by improving elasticity and moisture retention.
- It has a long shelf life. If you use illipe butter in your DIY concoctions, it will stand the test of time for at least 12 – 18 months.
Illipe Nut Butter for Hair
If you have dry hair, illipe butter can help assuage this.
Just work a little through your hair after applying your leave-in products before styling braid outs or twist outs.
Two popular and excellent hair products with illipe butter include:-
Some excellent skin care products made with illipe butter include:-
- A Pea in the Pod Basq Mega Moisture Illipe Scent Free Cream
- Juara Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm
- Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Body Butter
- Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Body Butter
Where to Buy Illipe Nut Butter
Caution: If you suffer from a nut allergy, avoid illipe butter. Have a look at the natural butters series for something more suitable for your hair and skin.