When I went natural, one of the last things I was interested in was wash and gos, mostly because I was style challenged and couldn’t figure out what worked and didn’t work for my hair.
As the years went on, I discovered quick wash and go styles for natural hair on YouTube and became familiar with my hair type and how to care for it.
As a result, I started wearing wash and gos for the first time in 2014, and most of 2015 before I commenced my protective style challenge.
There are thousands of wash and go tutorials online and it was challenging narrowing it down but below are the top 10 I’d recommended for newbies.
I’ve chosen them based on length (nobody wants to watch a 60 min tutorial), ease, clarity, quality, shows the process from start to finish, and minimal use of products. Enjoy!
1. Wash and Go Banding Method from Naptural85
2. Quick 30 Min Wash and Go from My Natural Sistas
3. Winter Wash and Go from April Bee
This video also has great tips on diffusing with a blowdryer afterward.
4. Wash and Go for Short Natural Hair from pocketofbeauty
5. How to Wash and Go on Short Natural Hair from Cie Foster
6. The Wash and Go Using Eco Styler Gel from Kadijah Nicole
7. My Defined Wash and Go from LiveNaturallyLove
8. My Best Wash and Go from Carib Curls
9. The Perfect Wash and Go from The Mane Choice
10. Wash and Go Tutorial on Type 4 Hair from Coach Shaunie
This isn’t an exhaustive list but it fits the criteria I’ve used above.
If you have any other favorite YouTube wash and go tutorials that fit the criteria, share in the comments section and I’ll add to a bonus section below the article. Happy Hair Growing!