Last Updated on
A keratin treatment is the process of applying a hair straightening product to curly or frizzy hair followed by flat ironing to seal in the treatment. This treatment keeps the hair straight for up to 3 months irrespective of how many times you shampoo and condition your hair. The hair will slowly return to its natural straight and the process will have to be repeated to achieve the straight hair again.
This sounds like a boon for stress free hair. However, keratin treatments can dry out the hair significantly and lead to split ends and breakage. Repeated treatments can lead to your hair literally disintegrating every time the treatment wears off. Additionally, there are additional side effects of keratin treatments, which includes eye irritation and stuffy nostrils.
If you are in the process of letting a previous keratin treatment wear off while you nurse your distressed strands, below is a listing of resources from the website with recipes specifically formulated to treat dry and damaged hair:
- Moringa Oil Mask
- Replenish Dry Hair Moisture with Canola Oil
- Intensive Dry Hair Treatment with Wheat Germ Oil
- Enriching Rice Bran Oil Mask
- Smoothen Dry Hair with Sunflower Oil
- Rescue Dry & Dull Hair with Baobab Oil
- Achieve Intensive Hair Moisturisation with Mongongo Oil
- Vitamin E Oil Treatments
- Super Moisturisation with Rosehip Seed Oil
- Hair Conditioning with Kukui Nut Oil
- Strengthen Your Hair with Carrot Oil
- Grapeseed Oil Treatments
Depending on how many keratin treatments you have done, trying out one or more of these recommendations can rectify your hair issues without the need to big chop. At worse, you may have to trim off your ends.
Are you trying to recover from keratin issues? Let us know in comments section.