This DIY argan oil and pomegranate oil serum moisturizes and rehydrates dry skin but can also be used on oily skin due to its non-comedogenic abilities.
Argan oil is an extremely beneficial oil that has been hailed as “liquid gold” in the hair and beauty world.
Derived from the crushed nut of the Argan tree found in Morocco and Algeria, argan oil contains vitamin E, carotenes, and squalene.
Why Argan Oil for Skin?
Argan oil is rich in unsaturated fatty acids; properties that combine to support intense hydration and moisture.
Additionally, it has a long shelf life. It has been featured prominently on the website.
Why Pomegranate Oil for Skin?
Pomegranate oil, on the other hand, is rich in antioxidants, vitamins K and C, potassium, copper, zinc, and iron. It also contains punicic and ellagic acids.
Pomegranate oil promotes rejuvenation and fortification of the skin.
Both argan oil and pomegranate oil are light and rapidly absorbed upon application.
A combination of both these oils creates a powerful, potent, rejuvenating, and protective serum.
For more on pomegranate oil, head over to Everything You Need To Know About Pomegranate Seed Oil for Hair and Skin.
Benefits of DIY Argan Oil & Pomegranate Oil All-in-One Facial Serum
- The serum can be used to soften, refresh, and hydrate dry skin.
- It can be used on oily skin as well and won’t block pores.
- This powerful serum helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time.
- It reduces skin recovery time after a chemical peel while hydrating.
- This serum can also be used on your nails to soften cuticles and strengthen your nails.
- The serum is gentle enough for daily use.
DIY Argan Oil and Pomegranate Oil Moisturizing Serum
- 5 tablespoons of pomegranate oil
- 5 tablespoons of argan oil
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- 5 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 5 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 2 drops of neroli essential oil
- 1 oz dropper bottle
- Measure the argan oil and pomegranate oil in the dropper bottle.
- Shake then open and add the vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, chamomile oil, and neroli essential oil.
- Close the bottle and shake again. Your facial serum is ready.
How to Use
Use by applying 2 – 3 drops to cleansed and dry skin every night. Spread out and rub in until absorbed.
Remember to follow up with good sunscreen especially if you use chemical peels.
Shop the Ingredients
While this recipe will last up to a year, it’s always nice to make a fresh batch every 6 months. Make just enough to last that long and you’re good to go.
Let me know how it works out for you if you decide to try the recipe. Share in the comments section.
- Boost Your Wash & Go Results with Pomegranate Seed Oil
- Hydrate & Smoothen Your Hair with Argan Oil
- 30 Non-Comedogenic Oils for Oily Skin
Abi is a curly hair expert who delved into the world of natural oils after severe hair loss issues. Through her research, study, and testing, she was able to regrow her bald spots & a healthy head of hair. She is the founder of Healthy Natural Hair Products & Ade Ori Hair Care, and the author of the highly-rated Healthy Hair Care Series. She continues to study hair science, Ayurveda, and natural and healthy solutions for hair and skin. Learn more about our Editorial Guidelines…
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.