Men usually don’t think they need to use hair products. A lot of men are fine with washing and drying it but if you’ve ever seen a really well-groomed beard, a lot more than just washing and drying goes into it. A few problems guys with beards face include dry hair, split ends, longing for thicker density, shedding and hair loss.
Sounds similar to female hair problems? :). Fortunately for men, they don’t have to do as much as us to get it looking right but they still need to make some effort. This is where beard oil comes in. There are many great beard care products for grooming but beard oils work very well to smoothen out the skin, soften and moisturise the hair and keep bumps at bay. They also keep skin flake free and are particularly useful in dryer/hotter climates.
Some Awesome Looking
Men Beards 🙂
TOP RECOMMENDED BEARD OILS
Home Made Beard Oil Recipes
Interested in crafting your own beard oil blend or balm for your man? Here are a few ideas below:
DIY Beard Oil Recipe 1 – For Moisture, Soft and Refreshed Skin
- Grab 1 oz amber coloured bottle. Pour in 5 tablespoons each of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and coconut oil. If you don’t like coconut oil, replace with apricot kernel oil or grapseed oil.
- Close the bottle and shake. Open the bottle and add in 5 – 10 drops of argan oil. Close and shake again.
- Add in 5 – 10 drops of eucalyptus, peppermint or lemongrass essential oils. If you would like to include all 3, add 3 – 5 drops each instead.
- Close the bottle and shake again. Your beard oil is ready. If you want a bit of fragrance, also add in 5 drops of ylang ylang, lavender or rose hip essential oils.
DIY Beard Oil Recipe 2 – Soothing Balm for Dryer Climates
- Whip a handful of shea butter in a container.
- Add in a few spoons of jojoba and grapseed oil. Whip again.
- Add in 5 – 10 drops of argan oil. Whip until light and fluffy.
- Add in 5 drops of vitamin e oil, peppermint oil and tea tree essential oils.
- Whip again until you attain a mousse like texture. Pour into a tin container like THIS.
You can also mix and match oils with above recipes but remember to keep it to light and easily absorbed oils. You don’t want your man walking around looking like he’s trying to cook his beard.