Handling hair roughly with appliances such as combs and brushes can lead to split ends over time. Persistently dry hair can also lead to split ends.
While the ultimate fate of split ends are the end of a pair of scissors, you can manage the appearance of and protect against future split ends by incorporating moringa oil into your regimen.
What is Moringa Oil?
The moringa tree is cultivated in the Himalayas, parts of Asia and Africa, and can survive long periods of drought.
All parts of the moringa tree can be can be consumed. In addition to moringa oil, it is also used to produce moringa powder.
Is Moringa Oil Good for the Hair?
Yes, moringa oil is very good for the hair. It has some excellent properties that improve dry hair and scalp, and promote moisture retention.
Moringa oil is high in palmitoleic, oleic and linoleic acids, fatty acids, vitamin A (higher than carrots) & vitamin C (higher than oranges), and all the B vitamins.
Moringa oil is high in antioxidants, which makes it a stable oil highly sought after for hair and skin care formulations.
These properties ensure an oil that is nourishing, moisturizing and non-drying with excellent emollient properties for the hair.
That’s all the stuff about the goodness of moringa oil for hair. Now let’s get to how you can use it to improve the appearance of split ends.
Moringa Oil Recipes for Hair
Moringa Oil Recipe for Split Ends
As I said at the beginning of this article, the future of split ends is at the end of a pair of scissors. Don’t think this recipe can repair split ends.
However, to further prevent them from traveling further up the shaft and manage them while trying trimming every few weeks, this recipe works well.
- 4 – 5 drops of moringa oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- After shampooing and deep conditioning, mix the moringa oil and lavender essential oil in your palms, rub together and spread through the hair.
- Smoothen throughout your hair focusing on the ends then style your hair.
- You can use the same mix every night on your ends. There’s no need to wash it out.
How to Prevent Split Ends with Moringa Oil
This is especially useful if you wear extensions. After taking out extensions or before combing/brushing your hair, finger detangle lightly
Afterward, apply 4 – 5 drops of moringa oil in your palms, rub together and spread through hair then detangle hair more thoroughly.
You can also use moringa oil as a substitute for one of the oils recommended in the ultimate detangling oil mix recipe.
Moringa Oil Hair Mask
Additional benefits of moringa oil include softer and shinier hair with this wonderful recipe with just three ingredients.
- 5 – 7 tablespoons of a moisturizing deep conditioner like TGIN Honey Miracle Deep Moisturizing Hair Mask, Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask or Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- 1 tablespoon of moringa oil
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil or Jamaican black castor oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and warm up slightly over a bowl of boiling water.
- Shampoo your hair then apply the hair mask for a soothing deep conditioning session.
- Cover with a disposable cap and sit under a hair steamer for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out and style as usual.
I also share more moringa oil hair mask recipes at Soften, Detangle & Condition Dry Hair with this Moringa Oil Mask.
Is Moringa Oil Good for Hair Growth?
Moringa contains all the B vitamins. This includes thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, pyridoxine, folic acid, cobalamin, pantothenic acid as well as sulfur.
All these properties assist with stronger hair growth, which hinders split ends in the long run. Add moringa oil into other optimal hair growth oils for best results.
Where to Buy Moringa Oil?
Moringa Oil Hair Products
- Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee
- Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum
- Infusium 23 Step 2 Miracle Therapy Conditioner with Moringa Oil
- Nubian Heritage Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Moringa Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Oil and Honey Daily Moisturizer and Sealing Cream
If you’re interested in learning more about natural oils and how to use them for specific purposes to achieve optimal length and health, have a look at How to Grow Your Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils.