As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner has been on the market for a while and a staple in my regimen for some time. I use it every 2 – 3 weeks depending on how my hair feels.
As I Am was founded by a hair care chemist and entrepreneur. The line boasts of 11 products formulated for curly, kinky and coily hair. Their products are widely available online and in selected offline stories.
This natural cowash gently removes the residue from other products without stripping the hair and making it feel like straw.
This is one of the best things we expect from a cowashing product. As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner has a smooth and creamy yogurt-like consistency and distributes evenly on hair without clumping.
How to Use As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner
- Wet hair slightly and apply in small amounts to small sections of hair at a time.
- Work the product through hair and distribute evenly.
- Detangle with your fingers or a suitable detangling tool.
- Rinse out with lukewarm water after detangling.
- Follow up with a good deep conditioning treatment. Read Top 10 Deep Conditioners for Treating Dry and Damaged Hair.
- In addition to cleansing without stripping, it also acts as a great detangler. Tip: After applying, leave in hair for about 15 minutes then detangle before rinsing out.
- It leaves hair soft and maintains moisture levels while you follow the rest of your regimen.
- It doesn’t leave behind a film on the hair. You’re left with squeaky-clean hair minus the dryness.
- Provides excellent slip fostering finger combing.
- You can dilute a few spoons in an applicator bottle and apply it to your scalp for cleansing while in braids. Don’t get too heavy-handed with this though.
- It also contains saw palmetto, an excellent product for fostering healthy hair growth. Consistent use over a few months required for this benefit to come through.
- The smell is wonderful and relaxing to the senses.
- Leaves hair supple and promotes elasticity.
- Not really a con but it would be nice if it came in a pump bottle as well so you can control the amount of product you apply to your hair. This will prevent waste.
- If you have hair longer than shoulder length, it can get expensive quickly. Even with being light-handed, the 16 oz jar didn’t last very long.
As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner Ingredients
Aqueous (water, aqua purificada, purified) extracts: cocos nucifera (coconut) and citrus reticulata (tangerine)¹, cetyl alcohol², cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol², peg-40 castor oil, stearlkonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil², ricinus communis (castor) seed oil¹, phytosterols¹, serenoa serrulata fruit extract¹, quaternium-18, potassium sorbate, fragrance/parfum, limonene, methylisothiazolinone. source: 1-natural, 2-coconut source: 1-natural, 2-coconut.
As I Am Coconut Cowash Conditioner comes in a 16 oz jar at a pocket-friendly price. It smells great and is ideal for type 3C – 4B hair types.
Other As I Am Hair Care Products
- As I Am Curling Jelly
- As I Am Leave-in Conditioner
- As I Am Double Butter Rich Daily Moisturizer
- As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner
- As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.