Last Updated on
Hair density refers to how closely your strands of hair are packed together. You can determine your hair density by counting how many strands you have per 1-inch section.
If you have low-density hair, then your hair will appear to be thin. You can improve this density and boost volume by incorporating pecan oil into your hair treatments for 3 – 6 months.
What is Pecan Oil?
Pecan oil is extracted from the nut of the pecan tree. Pecan nuts are lightly roasted, then ground before the oil is expeller pressed out of the paste.
Pecan oil has a high smoke point of 470 degrees and can be used safely with heat. Pecan oil is rich in essential fatty acid –oleic acid, which helps reduce bad cholesterol level and the risk of heart disease.
Pecan oil is a pale yellow lightweight oil. It has a mild nutty flavor and blends well with any oil it’s combined with. Olive oil is one of the suitable oils to combine with pecan oil.
Pecans come in various sizes ranging from enormous to medium to extra-small. In addition to pecan oil, pecans can also be used to produce pecan butter. Try Guidry Organic Farms Peanut Butter.
Benefits of Pecan Oil for Hair
- The nutrients in pecan oil strengthen the hair from inside helping each strand of hair grow smoother and thicker.
- Pecan oil contains iron and the amino acid L-arginine, which help strengthen hair and aid in faster hair loss recovery. Iron deficiency anemia can cause hair loss.
- Mixed in with the right oils recommended below, pecan oil can improve the natural color of your hair and promote glossy hair.
Pecan Oil Glossy Hair Recipe
- 5 tablespoons of pecan oil
- 5 tablespoons of hazelnut oil
- 5 tablespoons of kukui nut oil
- Mild shampoo such as Renpure Originals Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo & Davines Momo Shampoo for Dehydrated Hair
- Moisture rich conditioner like Davines OI Deep Conditioner
- Mix the pecan oil, hazelnut oil, and kukui nut oil together and heat over a bowl of boiling water.
- Dampen your hair, then apply to the scalp and length of your hair.
- Cover with a disposable cap and leave in for an hour then wash out with one of the shampoos above or a similar mild shampoo.
- Whip your deep conditioner together then apply and deep condition your hair.
Repeat this treatment once a week over 3 – 6 months to experience glossier stronger hair, and improve density of your strands. This is also a great recipe for colored hair.
Raw pecans can also be consumed as a snack, sprinkled over deserts and used as an ingredient in confectionery such as biscuits, pies, and cakes, in combination with the above regimen.
If stored incorrectly, pecan oil can go rancid quickly so refrigerate once you open it. This will not affect the quality or taste of the oil.
Where to Buy Pecan Oil?
Pecan oil can be difficult to locate locally because it’s a specialty oil but it’s readily available online. Below are two top recommendations for pecan oil:-
Can You Cook with Pecan Oil?
Yes, you can cook with pecan oil. Pecan oil is lighter than olive oil and can be used in baking, pesto, sautéing and much more. Below are some yummy pecan nut recipes from around the web:-
Homemade Pecan Butter
Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
You May Like This
If you would like to know more about how to use natural oils for specific purposes to get more effective use out of them, you may want to check out How to Grow Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils.
The book is a comprehensive compilation of over 30 natural oils, which goes in-depth into which specific oil (s) works for each hair issues for optimal length and health.