Moringa oil is excellent for preventing and improving the appearance of split ends as well as softening and detangling hair. Moringa oil is derived from the seeds of the Moringa tree, which originates in the Himalayas as well as parts of Asia & Africa.
Moringa leaf powder, on the other hand, is derived from the leaves of the tree and ha been touted as a superfood. The leaves of the tree are dried then ground into a fine powder with any kind of grinder. The powder is a rich green color that has a significant amount of health benefits.
Moringa Leaf Powder Benefits for the Body
- Moringa leaf powder contains more vitamin A than carrots and more vitamin C than oranges. Vitamin A supports good vision and vitamin C boosts collagen as well as repairs and regenerates connective tissues in the body among other things.
- Moringa contains a high amount of protein; more than most plants. If you’re looking for a plant protein to replace animal protein, moringa leaf powder fits the bill.
- Additionally, moringa leaf powder contains 18 of the amino acids required by the human body including the 8 found in meat. This is a property very few plants have.
- Other important nutrients in moringa leaf powder include vitamin E, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin B7, vitamin K, folate, sulphur, iron & riboflavin.
- Moringa leaf powder is loaded with antioxidants that fight free radical damage, cell damage and inflammation in the body.
- Moringa leaf powder helps lower bad cholesterol in the body and improve respiratory health.
- Moringa leaf powder supports healthy functioning of the digestive system.
- If you’re on a weight loss diet, adding moringa leaf powder can help boost metabolism.
How to Use Moringa Leaf Powder
- Add a 2 teaspoons into your daily smoothies.
- You can drink it as a tea. The flavor is mild, similar to spinach, and pleasant so a few cups a day should be fine.
- You can also add to juices, cereals, yoghurt, salads, soups, sauces and toppings. When including in cooked foods, use it after dish is cooked and at room temperature as heat destroys the benefits of moringa leaf powder.
DIY Moringa Leaf Powder
If you’re keen on making your own moringa leaf powder and have the time, check out the step by step video below. Once done, make sure to store in an air tight container.
Where to Buy Organic Moringa Leaf Powder
There are a lot of moringa leaf powder on the market made from low quality plants or adulterated with other things in the manufacturing process. Do buy your moringa leaf powder from a trusted brand. A few of the top moringa lead powder brands are recommended below: