The eyebrow and eyelash areas greatly enhances your looks. The thicker, silkier & more luscious these areas are, the more demure a woman looks. They really make your face pop. Some women are blessed with this naturally while some of us have to work a little harder to get the hair looking like we want it to.
There are artificial methods to fill in these places but personally, I’m like Rachel from friends with my eyes. I really really hate sticking foreign objects on them or letting people touch them with strange devices. In light of that, I started looking at natural options for enhancing the hair on the eyebrows as well as the eyelashes.
There are various reasons why the hair around the eyebrows and eyelashes could be thinning with the most common reasons being:
- Excessive plucking.
- Excessive threading or waxing.
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Poor nutrition.
The good thing is despite all of above, you can do something to reverse this thin hair. If the hair is just naturally thin, you can also fill them in and give an appearance of fullness with this rich serum.
Why Use Castor Oil for Eyebrows & Eyelashes?
Castor oil is common in the hair care industry and contains a lot of nutrients and phytochemicals, which aid in rapid hair growth. It also contains protein and fatty acids, which nourish the follicles and encourage hair growth.
Why Use Vitamin E Oil for Eyebrows & Eyelashes?
Vitamin E oil is a healing and softening oil with great antioxidant properties. It increases circulation and enhances the texture of hair, making it shinier in the long-term.
Why Use Aloe Vera Gel for Eyebrows & Eyelashes?
Aloe vera has rich moisturising properties as well as significant enzymes, which softens hair and encourages silkier hair growth.
DIY Growth Serum for Eyebrows & Eyelashes
- Mix the castor oil and vitamin E oil.
- Open up the aloe vera leaf and scrape about ½ teaspoon out.
- Mix with the oil & aloe vera until smooth.
- Use a q-tip to apply the mix generously on both eyebrows. Massage a little bit.
- Apply the serum lightly to your eyelashes with your fingers. Work it through from root to tip. If you have a clean eyelash comb, you can use this to help with distributing the serum.
- Leave on for 45 minutes then rinse off.
- Apply a thin layer of vitamin E oil to your eyebrows before going to bed.
Repeat this every evening for 6 – 8 weeks and you should begin to see an improvement. Make a fresh batch of serum every 2 days.
Wait to see the results before modifying the recipe and if you choose to do so, please do not add things like cayenne pepper, etc unless you are trying to unwittingly blind yourself. Also eliminate plucking, tweezing and waxing while trying out this recipe.