This is a new one on my radar. I purchased it while on the hunt for a product that would be suitable for the max hydration method I’m testing right now. The John Masters Organics Citrus and Neroli Detangler is a lightweight formulation, which claims to detangle while conditioning simultaneously with the composition of 18 certified-organic ingredients. The detangler is thick and creamy with a pleasant scent. The line also comes in Rosemary and Peppermint Detangler and Bare Unscented Detangler.
- Restores strength with soy proteins and promotes shine with coconut oil and wheat protein.
- Essential oils contained in the formula provide an uplifting aroma.
- Detangles without weighing the hair down.
- Certified-organic and comes in in eco-friendly plastic containers.
- Great for colour treated hair as well.
- You need only a small amount so expect the bottle to last for a while.
- While it did it’s job and detangled my hair under running water, I’m not too sure about its efficacy as a leave in conditioner and would probably mix it in with something else to enhance its properties.
- Fine haired types might find it too heavy to use as a leave in.
I used this as step 2 in the max hydration method regimen and plan to use it for a few more times for a final assessment. Though the company claims the product is suitable for all hair types, from my experience so far, it would work better for type 3c – type 4 ladies. Nevertheless, you can never tell what will or won’t work on your hair type so feel free to give it a try if you’re in-between leave ins. If it doesn’t work, you can return it or give it away. The standard size is 8oz and is priced at $17.23.
Ingredients Breakdown: Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, aqua (water), behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (vitamin B5), sorbitol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, wheat amino acids, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, lecithin, tocopherol, glycerin, citric acid, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, citrus lemonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (neroli) flower oil, canarium luzonicum (elemi) gum nonvolatiles, cymbopogon shoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, arnica montana (arnica) flower extract, camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, chamomilla recutica (chamomile) flower extract, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, equisetum hiemale (horsetail) leaf/stem extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract, linum usitatissimum (flax) seed oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid), sulfur, limonene, citral, linalool.
Did you enjoy the article? For regular updates on how to solve hair issues with oil, subscribe to the newsletter below and also grab some exclusive freebies! :). Don’t forget to check out details of our 2014 $100 giveaway.