As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner has been on the market for a while and a staple in my regimen for some time. I use it every 2 – 3 weeks depending on how my hair feels.
This natural cowash gently removes the residue from other products without stripping the hair and making it feel like straw, which is everything we expect from a cowashing product. It has a smooth and creamy consistency like yoghurt and distributes evenly on hair without clumping.
- In addition to cleansing without stripping, it also acts as a great detangler. Tip: After applying, leave in hair for about 15 minutes then detangle before rinsing out.
- It leaves hair soft after rinsing out and maintains moisture levels while you follow the rest of your regimen.
- It doesn’t leave behind a film on hair. You’re left with squeaky-clean hair minus the dryness.
- Provides excellent slip fostering finger combing.
- You can dilute a few spoons in an applicator bottle and apply it to your scalp for cleansing while in braids. Don’t get too heavy handed with this though.
- It also contains saw palmetto, an excellent product for fostering healthy hair growth. Consistent use over a few months required for this benefit to come through.
- Not really a con but it would be nice if it came in a pump bottle as well so you can control the amount of product you apply to your hair.
As I Am Coconut Cowash Conditioner comes in a 16oz jar at a pocket friendly price of $10.80. It smells great and is ideal for all hair types.