Hair density refers to how closely your strands of hair are packed together. You can determine your hair density by counting how many strands you have per 1-inch section. If you have low-density hair, then your hair will give an appearance of being thin. You can improve this density by incorporating pecan oil into your treatments for 3 – 6 months.
Pecan oil is extracted from the nut of the pecan tree. It has a high smoke point of 470 degrees and can be used safely with heat. It is rich in essential fatty acids, which may reduce bad cholesterol level and the risk of heart disease. It has a mild nutty flavor, which enhances the flavour of anything it’s added to. Pecans come in various sizes ranging from enormous to medium to extra-small.
- The nutrients in the oil strengthen the hair from inside helping each strand of hair grow smoother and thicker.
- It is a good substitute for butter in baking.
- Mixed in with the right oils, it can improve the natural colour of your hair and promote glossy hair.
Glossy Hair Recipe
You will need 5 tablespoons of pecan, hazelnut and kukui nut oil, a mild shampoo such as Renpure Originals Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo & Crème of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo and an avocado rich deep conditioner.
- Mix the 3 oils together and heat over hot water.
- Dampen your hair, then apply to the scalp and length of your hair.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave in for an hour then wash out with one of the shampoos above or a similar mild shampoo.
- Whip your avocado deep conditioner together then apply and deep condition your hair as usual.
- Repeating this treatment once a week over 3 – 6 months will lead to glossier hair.
In order to get the best benefits of pecan for your hair, consume raw pecans as a snack, sprinkle over deserts and use as an ingredient in confectionery such as biscuits, pies and cakes, in combination with the above regimen.
If stored incorrectly, pecan oil can go rancid quickly so refrigerate it once you open it. This will not affect the quality or taste of the oil.
Did you enjoy the article? For regular updates on how to solve hair issues with oil, subscribe to the newsletter below and also grab some exclusive freebies! :). Don’t forget to check out details of our 2014 $100 giveaway.