I have been experimenting with different oil and conditioner mixes for a while and though they have all worked on some level, none has led me to hair nirvana quite as much as the pre-poo outlined below. I’ve been testing it for the last few months to make sure it’s not some fortunate fluke but it works like no other pre-poo I’ve ever used with only five ingredients –
- Grandma’s Unsulphured Molasses
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Tresemme Naturals Avocado and Aloe Vera conditioner
- Motions CPR Conditioner
The process is very simple too.
- Pour about 4 – 5 tablespoons of Grandma’s Unsulphured Molasses into a bowl.
- Heat up 1/3 cup of unrefined coconut oil over hot water then add to the molasses. Mix until runny.
- Add in 3 scoops of Motions CPR and mix.
- Add in enough Tresemme Naturals Avocado and Aloe Vera conditioner to cover your hair. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add in 3 – 4 tablespoons of wheat germ oil. Mix again until it’s a lovely brown colour.
I usually part my hair into 3 sections and start working the mix in, applying like a relaxer. I pay particular attention to the ends of my hair. After my entire head is covered, I wrap my hair in cling film and a towel and leave it in for about 2 hours then wash out with Cream of Nature Argan Oil shampoo. I then deep condition with my usual conditioners with almond oil and castor oil mixed in. The results include buttery soft hair heaven, easy to detangle hair with fingers only and seriously moisturized hair for days.
I’ve tried it a few times the last 3 months and the results have been consistent. I added in a jar of banana baby food once but it messed with the formula and it wasn’t quite so easy to detangle afterwards so I eliminated that ingredient.
The key ingredients in achieving this consistent result appears to be the wheat germ oil and grandma’s molasses so I expect you can play around with which oil you use if you don’t like coconut oil and the conditioners. It worked well without Motions CPR as well.
Check out my YouTube video with graphics of the whole process.
Get the products –
Did you enjoy the article? To stay updated on new articles, sign up to the newsletter below for tips, discount codes, exclusive entries into giveaways and copies of my free e-books. Enter your details below to sign up. You can also Tweet your friends, family and colleagues about the site HERE . Thanks! 🙂
Image Credit: www.freedigitalphotos.net/Stuart Miles