I discussed the benefits of mustard oil in the previous post. This post will address how to make your own mustard oil at home.
Mustard seed oil is beneficial for stimulating hair growth due to its beta carotene content. Additionally, it helps with premature greying. You can buy mustard seed oil HERE but if you’re keen on making it yourself, read on.
Ingredients for DIY Mustard Seed Oil
- 1 cup of mustard seeds (you can get mustard seeds here)
- 1 cup of a carrier oil such as almond, coconut or olive oil. I prefer coconut oil.
- 5 – 10 drops of essential oils like ylang ylang or lavender essential oil but this is optional.
DIY Mustard Seed Oil Recipe
- Grind the mustards seeds then set aside.
- Heat up your carrier oil of choice in a pan.
- Once hot, add the mustard seeds to the oil and boil it until it turns brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- Once it’s cool, pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
Mustard seed oil tends to go rancid quickly so DIY in small batches and use up within a few weeks. If you can’t be bothered to DIY mustard seed oil, one of the best recommendations is Yandilla Australia Mustard Seed Oil.
For more articles like above, sign up to the newsletter below for updates, tips, discount codes, exclusive entries into giveaways and a discount on How to Grow Hair Healthy & Long with Natural Oils. Enter your details below to sign up. You can also Tweet your friends, family and colleagues about the site HERE . Thanks!