Oil rinsing has been popular for quite some time and has been known to alleviate several hair woes such as dry hair, frizzy hair and hair prone to tangling. Rather than literal oil rinsing, as the name suggests, it’s more of an extra step you include in your hair care routine. It’s a bit different from hot oil treatments or adding the oils to your conditioner. So what’s good about oil rinsing?
5 Reasons Oil Rinsing is Excellent for Hair Care
- Aids moisture retention in the hair.
- Softens the hair and smoothens cuticles.
- Reduces and eliminates tangles and knots.
- Makes detangling easier.
- Promotes luster in the hair
How to Try Oil Rinsing on Your Hair
- Rinse your hair thoroughly or shampoo lightly if you prefer.
- Coat your hair with your favourite oil and smoothen throughout the hair then rinse out with warm to hot water.
- Apply a rinse out conditioner, wait a few minutes then rinse out with cold water.
- Apply your usual leave in conditioner and watch the tangles melt away.
- Style as usual.
Incorporating oil rinsing into your regimen can lead to improved hair texture over time. The best oils I have used for this are Olive Oil & Coconut Oil. However, you are free to use any oil you feel like and experiment with different oils until you find the one that works for you.
For more articles like above, sign up to the newsletter below for updates, tips, discount codes, exclusive entries into giveaways and copies of my free e-books. Enter your details below to sign up. You can also Tweet your friends, family and colleagues about the site HERE . Thanks! 🙂