This is a continuation of the last post – Reverse Thinning Hair with Burdock Root Oil. This post will outline how to make your own burdock root oil. It’s simple to prepare and takes a few weeks to be ready for use. You will need a few sticks of dried or fresh burdock root, olive oil and a sterile glass jar.
DIY Burdock Root Oil for Thinning Hair
- If you are using dried burdock root, scrub off all the dirt, then chop into as many little pieces as possible. If using fresh root, after chopping into small pieces, leave out for 1 – 2 days before using. This helps some of the moisture in the fresh root to evaporate. You can also pound the roots a little if you like.
- When the chopped root is ready, place into the glass jar, then fill up the jar with olive oil. Exact measurements depend on how big the glass jar is so use your own discretion here.
- Afterwards, place the jar in a dark cabinet. If you used fresh root, place the jar in a fridge instead to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Let the root infuse for up to 6 weeks while the goodness sips out of the roots. Open up the jar every week to release the air bubbles that build up inside.
- After 6 weeks, strain out the root when the oil is ready for use.
- Pour into a dark amber bottle and store in a cool area.
Warning: It is advised that diabetics and women who are pregnant or breast-feeding consult a physician before using burdock oil.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll be interested in The Ultimate Hair Growth Guide, a comprehensive tool for recovering from hair loss, regrowing bald spots and filling in thin areas of your scalp. There’s a whole chapter in there dedicated to all the methods you can use to recover from thinning hair. Learn more and grab your discounted copy HERE.