Several myths and oil laced magic recipes abound which claim to make the hair grow at a rate outside that predetermined by nature. The truth however is that everyone’s hair grows at a different rate, some fast, some slow but overall usually only ½ an inch every month. Bottom-line, oil can’t make the hair grow faster. It can however aid the process when used properly. Additionally, there are several things you can do which will make your hair appear as if it’s growing faster:
- Protect your ends. The ends of the hair are the oldest part and require the most care.
- Eliminate split ends as soon as they appear. Don’t try to cure them. There is no cure.
- Use premium hair care tools and products instead of cheap imitations unless proven to work just as well as the original, which is highly unlikely. The investment will be worth it in the long run.
- Minimise heat usage on the hair. Excessive heat dries out the hair and leads to breakage.
- Reduce your stress levels. When you’re under stress, the first place where signs of this appear is the hair, which starts falling out or stops growing altogether.
- Don’t traumatize you scalp with excessive use of chemicals.
- You are what goes inside you. Eat right, drink right and exercise right.
- Take your multivitamins regularly. Vitamin A, C, E, B3, B5, B6, B12 and biotin are key.
- Use natural oils to maintain your hair health and keep it moisturised - there are and will be a variety of articles on here on the various types of natural oils and the best way to apply them to your hair to maximise hair growth.
- Add essential oils to you natural oils to aid the hair growth process. We recommend rosemary, peppermint and tea tree oil for that extra tingly feeling.
There is no magical formula involved in hair growth. Only care, dedication, paying attention to what your hair needs and rectifying a problem as soon as it appears will help your hair achieve it’s full potential.