6 Benefits of Avocado Oil for Healthy Hair
- Avocado oil has rich moisturizing properties making it ideal for treatment of dry, brittle and/or damaged hair.
- It’s also beneficial for chemically processed hair i.e. dyes, perms, etc.
- Avocado oil can be a key component in creating a hair care regimen aimed towards repairing or supporting hair.
- It acts as a humectant, which helps the hair draw and lock in moisture.
- The essential fatty acids also impart shine and softness to the hair.
- Its light texture makes it easy to absorb into the scalp without leaving behind a greasy feeling.
3 Avocado Oil Recipes for Dry & Damaged Hair
- Hot Oil Treatment: Mix avocado oil and either almond or olive oil together in a bowl, then apply to the scalp with fingertips. You may also apply it to the length of your hair. Massage in using the 8 Steps to Effectively Massage Scalp with Oil method. Wrap a hot towel around your head for 15 minutes or sit under a hair dryer with low heat for the same amount of time. Follow up with your usual treatment.
- Hair Mask: Mix avocado oil, olive or almond oil and honey together in a bowl, then apply to wet hair. Let it sit in for 15 minutes. You can also cover with a shower cap and sit under a hair dryer with low heat for 10 minutes. Rinse out and follow up with your usual treatment. You can also add mayonnaise for if you have damaged hair.
- Supplement to Hair Products: A few spoons of avocado oil can be added to your regular shampoo or to liquid Castile soap. In the case of Castile soap, let the soap sit for a few days before you start using it. You can also add it to your regular conditioner for a deep conditioning treatment.
PS. The quantities used in the recipes depend on hair length and how heavy handed you are with products.
Best Avocado Oil
My favourite brand of avocado oil is La Tourangelle Avocado Oil. Good brands also include Now Foods Avocado Oil, Baja Precious Avocado Oil & Maple Holistics Avocado Oil. Grab these avocado oil brands with free shipping when you sign up, risk free, for Amazon Prime HERE.